Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timer delay switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Pete

Hi everyone. I have a unikia stirio pan mixer which is basically a stop/start motor. I want to make it so that it runs intermittently, for example stirs for 10 seconds, stops for 20 seconds, stirs for 10 seconds stops for 20 seconds etc etc. Would it just be a case of wiring in one of these from the on off switch - https://r.ebay.com/rTOYEB

Thanks in advance

hi Pete.
Do you have details of the mixer motor.?? AC or DC and working voltage.?

The eBay timer is for switching a DC motor.

E

That is a DC motor.

The battery is a Li-Ion one and is 3.6 V when flat, around 4.2 V when charged. The timer is rated for a 5 - 30 V supply, so it might not work if you run it from the battery.

hi
As Diver says, Li-Ion battery, so I would say the original mixer had a suitable battery charger.

The Timer site says 'cycle timer', but it is not clear if it is a repeating cycle.?

E

Thanks for the replys. Yes the mixer is rechargeable.

Would it be worth finding out if that timer is a repeating cycle and just giving it a go to see if it works? Or is there any other way you could suggest i could do it?

hi,
For the eBay £5.90 I don't think you could make your own for much less.
Contact the seller and check for repeating cycle operation.

Let us know.

E

hi,
You could use a 9V bty, but I would look around for a 9Vdc Wall Wart power plug, it will be cheaper in the long run
E

Hi Pete,
I think this should do what you require. The mosfet specified should be OK provided your motor does not take more than about 5 amps.

33%timer.png

Les.

the beast itself (it's a kitchen ware ... i doubt our op is too optimistic to try out his/her EE skills -- though you never know -- i previously sought the web for non-LED - and namely the LCD - timer controllers . . . it looks at that time we have a market hole here for portable timer controllers??)
sales site (not too helpful but perhaps phone# to find out what they think of customizing the thing)
user guide (does not add much but a size to fit to)

Thanks for your reply guys. The eBay timer is not a repeating cycle timer :( unfortunately the posts from les and ci mean nothing to me lol. Any ideas?

Last edited:
**broken link removed** ( • power supply specs./requirements: 12V DC / 100mA )
in case of ?conventional? relay ~360Ω it will require steady 33mA and will likely tolerate ?? down to 10V ??? 9V supply in worst case
while FDS8896
The mosfet specified should be OK
they have attached the MK111 manual enables to cross ref how to replace relay with anything else e.g. such as MOSFET

Last edited:
Hi Pete,
If you changed the value of R1 from 1K to 68K then the pulse length would be adjustable from about 6.5 seconds to about 11.5 seconds so it would give the timing that you want. If I was doing this I would just use an 8 pin microcontroller (Such as a PIC12F629 or an ATtiny13A) and a mosfet.

Les.

there's a doubt as well as possibility the 555 being capable operating from 3.7V Li-Ion - i'm not into running that test in real
but if the results for R.CE for pin-3 and pin-7 are reasonable (below 500Ω) the use of 555 based gizmos are justified
NE555-TEST-0118app-test-XM.png
otherwise you can adapt random Schmitt Trigger or Comparator based oscillator as in this → example
by replacing R2 & C2 with greater ones
as ▼▼
Random_SMTT_11.png
update: ((now without node name errors))
Random_SMTT_21.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back