Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

trapezoid wave rms

Status
Not open for further replies.

tintincute

Hi

I would like to know if anybody of you here knows what's the formula in solving the rms, average value, and the average rectified value of a trapezoid wave?
I've been searching in google but unluckily I didn't find one.

Thanks in advance.

Same formula as when I posted. The area of one big thing is the area of the sum of it's smaller parts (duh!) So that means you divide the period up into different sections (ie. the square area and the two triangular areas). FInd their areas and add them up (in this case the area of the squared of the function). You generally divide the function's parts up into chunks that are described by a single equation during "area finding"/integration (like between two lines of two different slopes connecting to each other, since they each have a separate equation).

It's EXACTLY like what you did when you calculated:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/attachments/triangularwave-jpg.24785/
The only difference is instead of two parts to add up, there are three. That's what hayato meant in your other thread: that the "slopey" part of the waveform could be described by one equation, and the "horizontal" part was described by the other. For a trapezoid, you have 3 parts: the positive slope part (triangular area 1), the negative slope part (triangular area 2), and the horizontal part (square area). It doesn't matter if positive and negative slope are opposites of each other, they could be totally different values- it's all the same. Calculate the area of each (the squared of the section, not the area squared)

Last edited:
dknguyen sent you a very very well explained PDF in your another thread. You should be able to solve a trapezoid with that, since it is very simple.

If it is trapezoid, then you'll have 3 parts in the integral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back