Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Solved] Need help regarding for modify decade counter waveform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green7

I'm new to this forum, sorry my english is not that good, just use a translator, and my knowledge about circuits and electronics is very low,
Here I want to ask for help from fellow forumers

Please help regarding the decade counter

For example clock input from ic555 t-on 30% and t-off 70%. see the example in the picture

Ic 555 clock wave.png

If using ic4017 decade counter and activate 3 outputs, ouput from ic4017 such as A1, A2, A3

What is the easiest way to get outputs like B1, B2, B3, which only follows the T-on clock input

Hope fellow forumers can help me

[Update Solved 27 Mar 2023 ]

#4017 AND Gate.png

I update for reference, After searching for AND gates using transistors,

#AND Gate using transistor.png

By using an NPN transistor as an AND gate, the voltage and Ampere ouput B1, B2, B3 can be controlled higher and wider depending on the input value or Vcc

#4017 AND Gate using transistor.png

And if the output value from ic4017 is enough, we can use only 1 NPN transistor to get the output B1, B2, B3,

Credit to Diver300

Last edited:
I think that would be an excellent idea. It helps to acquire the basic principles before attempting to climb a mountain.

If you look at your first diagram in your first post, output 1 in on for a very short time at the beginning of clock 2. This is what may cause the glitch referred to by papabravo.

Mike.

If you look at your first diagram in your first post, output 1 in on for a very short time at the beginning of clock 2. This is what may cause the glitch referred to by papabravo.

Mike.
you mean, the main factor of edge glitches is due to the t-on being too short?

Due to time constraints and circumstances, I did not have time to make and test it. hope this edge glitches won't happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back