Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Square wave using LM319 Comparator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaximusSu

Hi People,

I am using an LM 319 High Speed Comparator to produce high frequency square wave as shown. However, from the first diagram, I assembled the connections based on second diagram, it does not work. The V+ and V- that is negative rail and positive rail I used is +9 and -9 V from 2
battery. Any suggestions how to make it work using LM 319 High Speed Comparator because I got no output waveform and I checked all connections properly? If anyone have this IC, can give it a try on breadboard

Thank you for reading and Merry Christmas
:)

Attachments

• imag2.jpg
    imag2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 244
  • imag1.jpg
    imag1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 242
  • imag4.png
    imag4.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 257
  • imag3.png
    imag3.png
    128.2 KB · Views: 259
Connect pins 3 and 8 to your circuit GND, the center point between the two batteries.

Also, add a 0.1 uF capacitor from each of the two power rails, V+ to V-, to the GND pins. Keep the leads as short as possible. These are decoupling capacitors. They lower the impedance of the power sources, something the IC depends on.

Also, connect pins 9 and 10 to pin 8. It is not good practice to leave unused inputs floating.

ak

Yeah, I forgot that part. The LM319 does indeed have an open-collector output.

ak

The TS's problem has been solved over on AAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back