Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
People over there steal electrical wires.
What do you think they will do to a battery and solar panels?

People over there steal electrical wires.
What do you think they will do to a battery and solar panels?

I guess they will leave them untouched if they are secured by a HV-fence. :D

The same applies to Thailand. Wondering why you have no electric power look for the cables first. Selling the copper has become very risky. The garbage dealer calls the police before he pays for the copper. :)

May be that's the reason why electric supply cables are underground cables in Germany. :)

Electrical wires are stolen because the electricity doesn't work for a lot of the time.
An immigrant in my city tried stealing live electrical wires. He got fried.

Electrical wires are stolen because the electricity doesn't work for a lot of the time.
An immigrant in my city tried stealing live electrical wires. He got fried.

In Thailand electrical wires are mainly being stolen by jobless alcholics to buy booze. The cables are insulated thief-friendly types. Nobody will get fried stealing a cable.

In Sweden a tank truck loaded with 20tons Aquavit was stolen one day. The thieves (two alcoholics) were caught and asked what they had done with the Aquavit. They answered they sold it. "What did you do with the money?" asked the judge. The answer: "We bought whiskey". :D

I got a new "smart" electrical meter from my utility a week ago. My neighbour got one at the same time. Now hers reads double the consumption as mine. She is throwing money away and wastes as much electricity as she can. She has incandescent "heaters" on all day outside in the daylight.
I save as much as I can.

My wires are underground so nobody sees them then nobody thinks about stealing them. Drunk thieves steal booze from the booze stores directly.

I got a new "smart" electrical meter from my utility a week ago. My neighbour got one at the same time. Now hers reads double the consumption as mine. She is throwing money away and wastes as much electricity as she can. She has incandescent "heaters" on all day outside in the daylight.
I save as much as I can.

My wires are underground so nobody sees them then nobody thinks about stealing them. Drunk thieves steal booze from the booze stores directly.

From your earlier comments about other nations, I thought you are living in a heavenly place. Sorry that you are also in a place where there are plenty of drunkards, thieves and defective energy meters etc. etc.

I do live in a heavenly place. A few immigrants look and talk different, shoot people, are drunkards and try to be thieves. They go to jail.

The new electricity meters work perfectly and will save me money when I do high energy work at the time of day when electricity is less expensive. My neighbour doesn't save money, she wastes as much as she can.

I do live in a heavenly place. A few immigrants look and talk different, shoot people, are drunkards and try to be thieves. They go to jail.

The new electricity meters work perfectly and will save me money when I do high energy work at the time of day when electricity is less expensive. My neighbour doesn't save money, she wastes as much as she can.

Happy to hear that you live in a place which you consider as heaven. If the immigrants are looking and talking with you differently, there is a possibility that others are getting irritated by your behavior. So my friend, it is better to correct ourselves than blaming everybody else. Wish you all the best.

This is a huge world.
There are people on the otherside (your side) who look, speak, live, eat and act completely differently than the people in my country. They might say the same about me, like you do.

I don't chat on a forum in your country. I don't visit your country.
I hope your government catches the weirdos who are terrorizing your country.

This is a huge world.
There are people on the otherside (your side) who look, speak, live, eat and act completely differently than the people in my country. They might say the same about me, like you do.

I don't chat on a forum in your country. I don't visit your country.
I hope your government catches the weirdos who are terrorizing your country.
Dear friend,
There are good and bad people in all countries. I don't know how you got a bad impression about India even with out visiting here. If I want to look at the bad side of any country I can see lot of bad things and if I want to see the good side, I can see good everywhere. It depends on where we want to look.
I don't think that I have told anything bad about you other than indirectly suggesting you to be more humble. It is good that you are proud of your country. Similarly others have the right to be proud of their countries (you can say that your father is great. To establish that you need not keep on saying that others' fathers are useless).
I request the moderator to pardon me for this non technical discussion in this forum.

Charge Control Unit

Hi,
For a project using solar panel my load is 600mA at 12V. I use a 75W solar panel as suggested by the panel supplier and a 6A CCU with the attached specs. I prefer the DC voltage to be 12V+0 -1V. Can anybody please suggest a good method.

Attachments

• CCU.GIF
    CCU.GIF
    16.4 KB · Views: 169
Hi,
For a project using solar panel my load is 600mA at 12V. I use a 75W solar panel as suggested by the panel supplier and a 6A CCU with the attached specs. I prefer the DC voltage to be 12V+0 -1V. Can anybody please suggest a good method.
A lot of missing information:

How long do you want to operate on battery and at what duty cycle

How long do you have to charge the battery

Do you expect it to fully charge on a cloudy day

how far from the equator you are and what time of year (relates to how long it takes to charge. I know you are in India, just pointing out variables )

Dan

Last edited:
A lot of missing information:

How long do you want to operate on battery and at what duty cycle

How long do you have to charge the battery

Do you expect it to fully charge on a cloudy day

how far from the equator you are and what time of year (relates to how long it takes to charge. I know you are in India, just pointing out variables )

Dan
I think I couldn't convey my question clearly. The load point seems to be now directly connected to the battery with a high and low limit and cut off. So it may vary from 11.5V to 15V or so. I want this to be regulated. Probably a DC-DC converter may take care of this. I wanted to have the opinion of other experienced people.

Regarding your other questions, those parts are taken care of the supplier who supplied me the solar panel, CCU and battery. My requirement now is to get regulated DC from the unregulated DC. Hope it is clear now.

ElectroMaster = New Zealand
Jay.slovak = Slovakia
Nigel Goodwin = England

This isn't a Canadian forum... why are you here?

The internet is INTERNATIONAL. Get used to it.
I don't know about Slovakia but the other countries are not 3rd world where almost everything is different to us and almost every modern electronic component is too expensive or is not available, like in India.
There are websites in India where school kids can talk in their own language about which very old parts might be available in their "market".

I do also chat on the only electronics chat forum in Canada. People from 3rd world countries also go there and ask about things not available in their country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back