Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking to add some notification from a sewer ejector control panel

mctabish1

I have had some bad issues with our sewer ejector pump system for our home. I have a panel that has four floats that I want to add additional monitoring from another device. I have another device that has four channels that I would like to add to this to monitor each of the floats to send me warnings if any of the floats get triggered.

The controller I have is a sje rhombus 1221w114h6a17a. It is a single phase 240v dual, alternating pump system

As I said, it has 4 floats. Each float is normally open, and they have 120v in the lines to the floats (this to me is strange, but I have verified with the manufacture). I want to monitor these with another device (Davis Instruments EnviroMonitor) that can monitor a simple open / close switch, but without the voltage. Basically so that it would look like just a reed switch or similar to the device. The device specifies a "dry contact".
Each float is its owner circuit and I would be monitoring each circuit separately, so we would treat each float individually.,

Would something like a relay work? If so, what would a good reliable but cheap one be?

Thanks
Mc

If the float is a simple switch mechanism and opens or closes
at trip level you could wire in a LED with a series R and diode,
across the float leads to controller. Such that if contacts close
LED goes out or if contact open LED turns on, and use that light
or its absence to trigger your status display via a photocell. Like a
night5light in a bathroom. That way you are isolated from the
controller and its HV, and can do pretty much anything with the
float status led output.

1698066615464.png

If you need to remote the display of status use consumer grade optical fiber link like
TOSLINK.

Or use a simple relay across the float contacts to turn on off an indicator.

I think you have to confirm with the controller guys if the float is tripped
it has 0V across it and when not tripped 110 VAC or the opposite.

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:
> I have had some bad issues
Before a solution, what was the problem?
If only 3 sensors are good now , do you want any sensor to activate or 2 or 3?
Is the 120Vac current limited?
What if they stick in either position?

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back