Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite true. You know AG likes India and Indian people including pretty young womens. But he doesn't show it outside. That is the truth. That's humble.

Quite true. You know AG likes India and Indian people including pretty young womens. But he doesn't show it outside. That is the truth. That's humble.
I have an Indian electronic parts store near my home. They have a small chain of about 6 stores in cities around me. The stores are pretty big. Everybody who works there is from India. They sell many new but surplus parts at low prices.

I bought a bag of 10 no-name blue LEDs probably made in India. 5 worked and 5 didn't. I returned them and they replaced them with 10 Canadian-branded (made in China?) LEDs that work perfectly. Previously I always bought Hewlet-Packard (Agilent now) and Fairchild LEDs that work perfectly.

We get our parts from stores located in our city only. Online ordering is not necessary as far as I concern for my requirements. We get very old as well as newest parts without any shipping rates. I can get BC107 or 177 or AC128 still from old spare parts shops. Newest stores won't carry them, only modern parts. But some kind of parts for eg. an MPF102 won't get here.

Advantage is I can buy only needed things by seeing and inspecting it. If my LM386 burned out while testing I can go and get a new one within minutes or hours.;-)

Sometimes I've got green/red LEDs in place of blue ones. But none of them was a failure. In my opinion an LED has nothing to get any complaint! :D

There are four electronic parts stores near my home. Sometimes I buy from them (at a price a little higher than online) if I can't wait one day for an online delivery.

BC107 and AC128 very old transistors are available from some places online that smartly saved them so now they are rare and are expensive.

AG, do you have a repeat button to make this easier? (How many times have you had to point this out over the years...) :)

yes he does rather bang on dosen't he

I thought charging is similar to water flowing in to a tank. If there 1lit flowing to the tank and 0.99 lit is flowing out per unit time then there has to be a continuous increase in level and finally an over flow. If you can kindly explain why battery is different then I could have saved time in going through the details and learning myself .
Else can you just forward this charge discharge curve which will clear my doubt.

when tyou charge a battery some of the power going into it is lost as heat because the battery also acts as a resistor, A battery can be represented as a battery with a small resistor in series, you loose some power when you charge and discharge it, plus you will loose some power in the charging controller due to no electronic regulator being 100 % efficient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back