Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rechargable Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the camera of its day. I later went with a Canon EOS 10D and now use a Canon EOS 7D. Gave my son the 10D. The Nikon is still around here somewhere, not sure where but somewhere. :)

Ron

Hi,

Oh i guess you go for the more high end cams. I go for the compact ones because i like to carry it around with me, plus they are cheaper :)

Hi,

Oh i guess you go for the more high end cams. I go for the compact ones because i like to carry it around with me, plus they are cheaper :)

I think the camera on the new Google Pixel 3 easily exceeds the performance of any compact camera and rivals many SLR - even without some of the manual capabilities of SLRs because the camera is smart enough to make setting choices for the photographer to make beautiful photographs.

Been there and done that. My electric toothbrush sits in a charger and that thing must be 7 or 8 years old. Still working. My wife bought me a battery powered one using two AA batteries for when we travel. Since a few AA Alkaline batteries last so long I never gave any thought to using rechargable batteries in it. Both are Oral B I think.

Years ago I had a Nikon Coolpix 900 which used 3 AA batteries. I feel your pain on that note. That camera literally ate batteries. Using the flash was an even larger train wreck. I literally dragged around a dozen batteries in my camera bag. Even using high capacity rechargable batteries was a pain. That was long ago and I never looked back. Still have the camera but haven't used it in years, maybe 15 years. I now use a camera with a designed rechargable battery and only keep a few in my bag. By today's standards that old Nikon would be junk anyway.

Ron

I took photography classes in college for many years I had 2 Nikon Cameras. I use to carry both cameras on a strap around my neck. 1 camera had a close up lens the other one had a zoom lens. I had my own dark room too for several years. That hobby is long gone 38 years ago. I sold the newer Nikon F2 about 4 years ago $100 with several lens, I still have the Nikon F. I have $1500 in the camera body, lens, filters, etc and will be lucky to get $100 for it on ebay. Now days I like the small pocket cameras I have a 8 year old Kodak Easy share camera it takes OK pictures good enough for me these days.

I think the camera on the new Google Pixel 3 easily exceeds the performance of any compact camera and rivals many SLR - even without some of the manual capabilities of SLRs because the camera is smart enough to make setting choices for the photographer to make beautiful photographs.

Hi,

Mine is 20MP. But that sounds interesting, can you provide a link?

The only thing i dont like about mine is that for a macro setting once you turn the camera OFF next time you turn it back on and want to use macro again you have to push several buttons to get it set to macro again. That is SUCH a big PAIN in the butt because i use macro all the time. I emailed the manu on this but they just say they will take it under consideration for next model.
Takes nice videos too. If it was not for that dang repeat macro setting issue it would be such a nice camera.
I have to hit the 'down' button about 4 times, then right then down again, then left then left again. To get the spot lighting check i have to push the up button a few times, then right then down then left then left.
So there are many many tiny button presses to get this set right EVERY time i use the camera if i want the best picture.

I have a Kodak Easy Share camera it is very user friendly. My camera is about 8 years I need to be thinking about a new camera before I actually have to buy one. The most important thing to me is, it needs to be extremely easy to use and it needs to take good close up pictures and fit in my shirt pocket. 1 thing I don't like about new electronic cameras they are slow to come ON it takes my camera about 7 seconds to come on & be ready to take a pic. My Nikons were fast I could take a pic is 1 to 2 seconds. I really don't expect any new camera to be much faster electronics has to come on & lens needs time to telescope out.

Hi,

Yeah one good thing about mine is it only takes about 1 second to start up and extend the lens.
If i dont need a real close up it's great but if i do then it takes way too many button presses. Funny thing is, it 'remembers' some of the settings but it does not remember the macro setting. It may even shut down by itself after a time period.

My cell phone takes better close-ups than any camera I have ever owned.

That is the full image and I can take very high resolution photos that can be zoomed in digitally without pixelation if needed.

15567443336741207973605495483068.jpg

About the same here. I usually don't drag around my Canon and lenses but I normally have my cell phone which does fine. If I am taking a picture or several pictures in which I need certain features then the nice camera comes out but for average shots the phone does fine. Cameras in general even like the point and shoot versions have come a long way. Cool stuff.

Ron

Hi,

Yes that is true you can use Cell but my camera does 20MP so it works really really good for most pics.
You're right though the cell is easier to carry around and we have to carry that anyway. Something for me to think about.
I think mine is only 5MP though what is you guys's?.

Hi,

Yes that is true you can use Cell but my camera does 20MP so it works really really good for most pics.
You're right though the cell is easier to carry around and we have to carry that anyway. Something for me to think about.
I think mine is only 5MP though what is you guys's?.

My Google Pixel3 is 12MP resolution on front and rear cameras but, by far, the most important factor is low light capability. Apple iPhone is good but this one is excellent in low light.

My cell phone takes better close-ups than any camera I have ever owned.

That is the full image and I can take very high resolution photos that can be zoomed in digitally without pixelation if needed.

View attachment 118005

Ebay will not allow cell phone pictures they are often not square shaped and not according to ebay rules. I sell lots of stuff on ebay it is easy way to get rid of stuff I don't want anymore. My phone takes better pictures than my camera too.

Ebay will not allow cell phone pictures they are often not square shaped and not according to ebay rules. I sell lots of stuff on ebay it is easy way to get rid of stuff I don't want anymore. My phone takes better pictures than my camera too.

Then edit the pictures, make them square - it's not difficult - Windows Paint is all you need.

It sounds like eBay trained you to post square photos and you were trained so well that you never tested the system to learn that the rule no longer exists. You can post a rectangular photo and the. Use the cropping tools if you don't like how it is automatically cropped.

Also, my iPad and phone both allow me to take photos in a square format or at many different resolutions.

It is 2019 for god sake, not 1999.

It sounds like eBay trained you to post square photos and you were trained so well that you never tested the system to learn that the rule no longer exists. You can post a rectangular photo and the. Use the cropping tools if you don't like how it is automatically cropped.

Also, my iPad and phone both allow me to take photos in a square format or at many different resolutions.

I don't have time to waste on extra unnecessary work.

Last edited:
I don't have time to waste on extra unnecessary work. I sometimes take 400 photos per day for ebay how much time is wasted editing photos that is STUPID and STUPID to suggest it. How about I email you 400 photos YOU edit them and email them back. I bet you won't do it? It takes too long just to make a new auction. Fast way to do fast auctions is make 1 generic auction relist it 50 times change subject line and pictures on each auction. That is as stupid as deciding to paint your car RED but first I will paint it GREEN then I will paint it RED. Its been a few years since I read ebay rules I think it says, photo minimum size 50,000. Ebay says nothing these days it just refuses to let you upload pictures that do not meet their requirements. YOU can not argue with a computer do it right that first time. Make is simple and make it work.

Ok.

Hi,

That's interesting my phone take very rectangular too but that is by default and i havent looked into if i can change that yet.
Strange how they would do that anyway why would they want to adhere to the format of the screen rather than the more normal picture formats which are never so grossly rectangular. My phone is a Samysung :)

I don't have time to waste on extra unnecessary work. I sometimes take 400 photos per day for ebay how much time is wasted editing photos that is STUPID and STUPID to suggest it. How about I email you 400 photos YOU edit them and email them back. I bet you won't do it? It takes too long just to make a new auction. Fast way to do fast auctions is make 1 generic auction relist it 50 times change subject line and pictures on each auction. That is as stupid as deciding to paint your car RED but first I will paint it GREEN then I will paint it RED. Its been a few years since I read ebay rules I think it says, photo minimum size 50,000. Ebay says nothing these days it just refuses to let you upload pictures that do not meet their requirements. YOU can not argue with a computer do it right that first time. Make is simple and make it work. .

WOW that's a lot of photos. You need some automatic photo editing software then. You could do the whole batch at once.
If you run Windows on your home PC and you can use that to edit, i could make a program for you. I make ALL my photo editing software but it has to run on the Windows platform.
One of the resizing programs i made takes about 15 seconds to blow though 200 photos, sometimes less if they are small pics. It can also enhance in certain ways.

My Google Pixel3 is 12MP resolution on front and rear cameras but, by far, the most important factor is low light capability. Apple iPhone is good but this one is excellent in low light.

Hi,

I read that there are problems with the Pix 3 but also sometimes they dont show up as badly.

Hi,

That's interesting my phone take very rectangular too but that is by default and i havent looked into if i can change that yet.
Strange how they would do that anyway why would they want to adhere to the format of the screen rather than the more normal picture formats which are never so grossly rectangular. My phone is a Samysung :)

eBay does not require square photos - they just get cropped or squished automatically by the uploading software into a square that fits nicely in their page format.

Hi,

I read that there are problems with the Pix 3 but also sometimes they dont show up as badly.

Pixel3 is the top phone camera in almost every comparison I've seen. I haven't heard o a problem unless someone has some unreasonable expectation - taking a photo of a running deer in the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back