Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Batteries overheating in Cordless House Phone

TheJay

My cordless house phone recently stopped working. I tried to determine what was causing the problem so I charged the AAA batteries in a normal charger instead of the dock. The phone wouldn't turn on. I bought new rechargeable batteries with the same specs and tried those, still didn't turn on.

The only thing I have noticed is that once inserted, these batteries are getting extremely hot within 5 minutes to the point they can't be held on my hand for more than a few seconds.

Can anyone tell me what might cause this type of behaviour in a cordless house phone powered by two AAA rechargeable batteries? I have opened up the unit and can't see anything obvious.

bt-premium-2_3.jpg

"How is a circuit tested if a component is removed?" .......
To find the root of the problem, you must find the components responsible for this problem. The only way, without schematics and with the only equipment as a multi-meter, is to remove them one by one, until the short circuit disappeared. If you do not have the skills to do this analysis it is better to address a professional or radical solution to put it in the trash and buy a new one (see responses at the start of the post). sorry for you

Latest threads

Back