Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with a timer 555

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrohg

hello i would like some help with a circuit i'm trying to make, here is what i want the circuit to do.
The Input 12v
And i want the Out put 12v
Once power is applied to a 555 timer, I want an 12vLED to be on for 5 seconds, and cut off (NO FLASHING). Once power is taken off, and applied again, this "system" will restart.

Thanks i really appreciate any help

**broken link removed**

upload_2017-4-7_0-35-17.png

Circuit #1. Replace the two diodes and relay with an LED and resistor.

ak

Here's the LTspice simulation of the circuit AK posted with RC values to get a 5s pulse, and the suggested output modification:

upload_2017-4-7_1-1-8.png

Attachments

• 555 one-shot on Pwr Up 2.asc
    1.2 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
First thanks for helping. I tried the circuits but they didn't do what i need, i put power turns led on but it doesn't turn off the led because i don't take out the power.
That's my problem that the circuit has to turn off the led Without taking the power from the trigger

Last edited:
The circuit does what is described in post #1. Try to explain again the sequence of events that you need. List them as a number of steps in a sequence.

ak

First thanks for helping. I tried the circuits but they didn't do what i need, i put power turns led on but it doesn't turn off the led because i don't take out the power.
Then it would appear that there's an error in the circuit you built.
The simulation shows the output turning off after 5 seconds with the power continuously applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back