Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Change camcorder's frames per second...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaDa

I have an old Canon mini-DV recorder and I was wondering it it would be possible to _easily_ change the recording 'speed'
I would be interested in changing the frequency to 1 frame per minute (!!)
is this likely to be possible?

I have an old Canon mini-DV recorder and I was wondering it it would be possible to _easily_ change the recording 'speed'
I would be interested in changing the frequency to 1 frame per minute (!!)
is this likely to be possible?

No, it wouldn't. It would require re-writing the software, which would be practically impossible.

If you are planning to perform a "time lapse" function, this is done with a still-photo camera and an intervalometer to trigger the camera at preset periods. Then using some video editing software, you assemble the still photos into a "movie".

so dump the movie down to an editor and select one frame per minute, that's something that is easily script-able too.

so dump the movie down to an editor and select one frame per minute, that's something that is easily script-able too.
That could require a lot of storage if say, you wanted to do a weeks worth of time lapse.

Do not re-invent the wheel. Time lapse photography has been around for a while and there are tons of info, ready made kits too. google it.

Thanks everyone - yes, it was for time lapse phototgraphy purposes
I was wondering if it could have been something as silly as changing a clock frequency or something.
Its a shame as it would just work so well - you could leave it with a mini dv tape for weeks at a time - so small and compact.
I guess I'll just have to go do it the proper way - thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back