Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to change a omron E5CN 220vac to a E5CN 24vdc

patrick-Belgium

Hello i have 2 omron E5NC that need a power supply of 100 -240vac
there is also a model omron E5NC that need a power supply of 24vdc

my question ; has someone a shematic of these temp controlers
i want to change my 100-240vac to powerd bij 24vdc

Best regards,
Patrick

The manual linked above, seems remarkably vague, but the specifications say:

No D in model number: 100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
D in model number: 24 VAC, 50/60 Hz; 24 VDC

I would imagine that they both run off 24V internally, and the 100-240VAC model just has a switch-mode mains PSU built-in.

It could well be possible to run it off 24V DC, but you would need to disassemble it, and disconnect the internal mains PSU.

I'd also suggest (if you were going to do it) to make sure the internal PSU does actually provide 24V out, and you might need to add a bridge rectifier to feed it from 24VAC, or polarity free 24VDC.

It's quite possible that it becomes perfectly obvious when it's in pieces.

Hello Nigel, i think the same, the electronics inside will operate at a low voltage, the 100-200vac will be transformed inside, i opened one but is full of smd components, hard to find how thy do it. i will receive next week a "D" version witch is 24v and wil open them both to compare the boards dont want to break them as they are working

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back