Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building Home transmitter / reciever for TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasbc

Hi there techies!

This might seem like a very basic problem to you.

I have a TV in a room at one end of my house and the cable operator's cable is coming in from the other end and running right across the house. It looks ugly to say the least!!

I want to know how I can build / adapt something that can transmit the signal the other room and then attach something that can recieve the signal at my TV so that I can get rid of the cable running wild inside the house!!! thomasbc@niit.com

Please remember - I'm not an electronics techie. The ideal solution woud be to build something that is readily available and then adapt it.

Thanks guys!!!

thomasbc said:
Hi there techies!

This might seem like a very basic problem to you.

I have a TV in a room at one end of my house and the cable operator's cable is coming in from the other end and running right across the house. It looks ugly to say the least!!

I want to know how I can build / adapt something that can transmit the signal the other room and then attach something that can recieve the signal at my TV so that I can get rid of the cable running wild inside the house!!! thomasbc@niit.com

Please remember - I'm not an electronics techie. The ideal solution woud be to build something that is readily available and then adapt it.

Thanks guys!!!

You can buy video senders, they are quite cheap these days - it's not worth trying to build your own.

I also had a bad picture after having to run cable from one end of the house to the other. The picture on the lower numbered channels were almost unwatchable. I did a little research and found it was probably due to my cheap cable lines. I ripped out all the cheap coax and bought higher quality cable you would use for satellite tv and all was fine. I think I was using rg-5 and replaced with rg-6, i think. I no longer have any ghosting and all channels have an excellent picture. I was also told to make sure there are no unused splitter ports. If you have an unused splitter port then you should probably remove it and replace with a smaller one.

I have scematics for a video transmitter. You need no receiver for it, the TV and antenna works as a receiver.

I haven't tried it myself, but i have heard it works. No audio tranmitted though!

I have documentation for it, but it is Swedish. If you want to biuld it, tell me and i can translate the importatnt things for you.

Attachments

• bild_111.jpg
    bild_111.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 530
Hi there techies!

Schematics abound on the web for such devices as do the
shelves of many retailers both in the real world an online,
would suggest you purchase a ready made device.[/quote]

Attachments

• newblueshark7.gif
    newblueshark7.gif
    51 KB · Views: 523