Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

variable DC DC converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmta

Hi all,

I want to make a variable DC DC converter using lm2678. The output voltage and maximum current should be adjusted using digital methods (no pots). I have thought of the following circuit. I cannot yet implement it as the inductor will take some time to arrive.

Will this work? Do you have any other good designs ?

Regards

Attachments

• upload.pdf
    37.5 KB · Views: 166
I cannot yet implement it as the inductor will take some time to arrive.
In the meantime you could perhaps simulate it to test the design principles?

I used that regulator to make a variable DC supply with a pot for the FB voltage. I did not include current control. I agree that while you are waiting for your inductor, you could test and/or simulate the part of your circuit that generates the control voltages.

John

A digital pot or resistor string d to a would give you remote control, kinda gets complicated though if you want isolation, maybe an 8 pin micrcontroller controlling the pot/reg communicating to the o/p side via serial through an opto isolator.
Current limit is a little tricky to achieve without noise.
I too have used the lm2600 series, veritable ic's.
If you google elektor switching bench supply you'll find an interesting article for a bench supply using this ic, it has voltage and current control and has a microcontroller interface.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back