Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC/DC Transformer with 240V output

Do you have, or are willing to create, a schematic for your actual board?
- Including all known part numbers and values, and clearly marked all input and output connections.
Would love to. It looks simple enough. I mean its two sided, i can see through the PCB somewhat so re-creating the trace should be easy. Turning it into a schematic would be challenging for me anyway but I will get it.
We have an idea of what the Dimable Driver is (AL1698) but I would need help identifying the 3 pin transformer.

Let me know how I did. Was not sure where R1 connected as it is so close to the IC.
It is also apparent that the IC pin outs do not match with what is on the original PCB. I could use a little help trying to figure out what that IC is so I can update the schematic.
Edited for corrections

SCH-1.png

Last edited:
Just in case anyone is concerned about my safety I have no intention of producing this or repairing the one I have. I'm doing this for the educational value.

Your supply + and _ seem the wrong way round in the schematic.

You haven't been following the theme of this thread. Correctness doesn't matter, we are just supposed to use assumptions and common sense - ignore the errors. Read the first 10 or 20 posts.

It looks as if it is wrong then on the PCB. The Resistor R5 connects to D2 & D4 but the PCB has that input labeled as "L". Not sure what else to do. Anything else to add?

SCH-1.png

Last edited:
Without a flyback diode somewhere in this circuit , I think my 1st assumption of a constant current limiter seems more likely.

The IC in #49 is incorrectly matched to the rest of the circuit.

L1 is clearly a choke reference (aka Inductor) and the 3rd pin is mechanical.

If you want to learn how to trace details, so oblique lighting from the best angle to catch part numbers sanded off for secrecy. The top left corner is the code in 2 or 3 characters that defines a custom code by the Mfr for the public P/N. The other characters are batch date code and factory info for traceability.

1709248657420.png

FWIW
For better view of copper , a light table or underside flood light for top side transparency of the insulation.

We use the word "side" for PCB sides and your previous two side shots would be called two adjacent views of top side.

1709270726878.png
Aha It has

Drumroll pls.
It has an integrated "ultrafast" flyback diode.

Like to figure out what the value of this inverter/choke is. Found a few letters and digits on the top.

View attachment 144771 View attachment 144772
It will be custom wound, the numbers are meaningless. If you want to know the value, you would need to measure it - the cheap Chinese kit component testers will measure inductance, are dirt cheap, and fun to build.

It will be custom wound, the numbers are meaningless.
That's fine. I have learned a great deal. What started out as an inquiry turned into a complete de-construction of the entire circuit. I think the only thing left is if I got the schematic correct. Post #56 is the most recent version.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back