Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using electronic workbench how do u look at modulator output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasengan

Using Pspice or Electronic workbench, how can u look at the modulated output of a modulator say an AM or FM or any other modulation signal.

Can anyone tell me the steps to be able to see the modulated signal please.

Also I download Orcad/pspice but Can't even get the schematics window, anybody knows.

I used pspice about 3 years ago but can't get the schematics windows for the new psipce that I downloaded too start darwing the circuit.

Thanks

With electronics workbench, you have to use the oscilloscope. Just connect a "wire" from oscilloscope to output of your modulator and that should be it.

For pspice (I am assuming that you have ver 9.XX or so), place a voltage probe ("voltage/level marker") on the output of the modulator and then do a transient analysis (set start time and end time (longer the end time -> slower the simulation)). The transient analysis (time domain) is located in simulation profile (e.g. click on "New Simulation Profile"). If you don't place the voltage probe then you can still select later your inputs or outputs from the simulation/graph window (e.g. "Add trace..." option).

If you do indeed have the newer versions of pspice, then to create a schematic you have to create a project. Just click on "File->New->Project..."
then type in the name of the project and select "Analog or Mixed A/D" option and you are set. You might be prompted by another window and there specify "Create blank project"

I have orcad V10 demo...and when I go to file I get :

File -> new -> simulation profile
I get
-Profile name
-inherit from an existing profile

I typed any name in profile name but in "inherit from an existing profile" I browsed and I choose any filename with the extension *.sim from an example dierctory but I still don't get any schematics

I just want the schematics to draw my modulator

I went to help and this is what I got :

To create a new simulation profile

1 From the File menu in PSpice, point to New and choose Simulation Profile to display the New Simulation dialog box.

2 In the Profile Name text box, type a name for the profile (such as the name of the analysis type for the new profile).

3 In the Inherit From an Existing Profile text box, enter the name of another profile to import its settings into the new profile. You must enter an existing profile name in this text box or click browse to select an existing profile.

4 Click Create to create the profile and display the Simulation Settings dialog box.

I followed these steps but I still don't get any schematics

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back