Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where do you people buy electronic parts in USA?

What planet do you live on ?

Your country of origin matters in this question.

Regards, Dana.

What planet do you live on ?

Your country of origin matters in this question.

Regards, Dana.
I am in TN in USA. Only place for part i know use to be Radio Shack now Ebay.

Industrial supply does not have what I want.

Google search for electronic parts shows me music forums not parts.

Last edited:
What do color codes on toroids mean, red, yellow, green, blue,
They identify the core material. Different materials have different characteristics, for instance some may have a large permeability, others may be more tolerant of saturation, others may have lower losses.

Tayda Electronics is a good "stock-up" place. It's located in Thailand with great priced.

Jameco Electronics has a good variety of parts.

MPJA is another small business with lots of unique parts.

They identify the core material. Different materials have different characteristics, for instance some may have a large permeability, others may be more tolerant of saturation, others may have lower losses.

Is there a place to read and learn about toroid's.? I need 2 toroids for 1200 watts and 80KHz.

RF work :

Audio :

Regards, Dana.

Is there a place to read and learn about toroid's.? I need 2 toroids for 1200 watts and 80KHz

I seem to be confused. The title of this thread is "Where do you people buy electronic parts in USA?"; nothing about torriods here.

I seem to be confused. The title of this thread is "Where do you people buy electronic parts in USA?"; nothing about torriods here.
Toroid's are electronic parts. Put wire on toroid's you have an inductor or transformer. I need to learn about toroid's so I can wind my own inductor for my circuit..

Toroid's are electronic parts. Put wire on toroid's you have an inductor or transformer. I need to learn about toroid's so I can wind my own inductor for my circuit..
1200W at 80kHz is a challenge - especially for one piece (both technically, safety systems and price reasons). You'll likely be much better off buying one. A purchased unit is unlikely to be 80kHz - is that required for some reason?

I hope you need 12v and/or 5v so you have some selection. Expect to pay about $500 for a single voltage, 1200w supply.

Alternatively, some ATX-format supplies can do 1200W
And can be found used for about 10% of a new one - 50 to 100 on eBay if you're willing to go that route.

Last edited:
This video is great. This guy has other videos. I watched the video several times and made notes. Yellow Toroid is #6 material this seems to be the material I need. My power supply should be higher voltage and less amps but for now I use what I have built 15 to 30 volts and 1 to 30 amps. I can not read this mans charts they are too small on my computer. I wish I had a print out of those charts. It is interesting yellow toroid from 1 manufacture is not the same as yellow toroid from a different manufacture. I think my toroid needs to be about 1" inside diameter with about 35 turns of #10 copper wire. So far no information about toroid saturation from too much power, when amp meter goes above 33 amp to suddenly jump up to 75 amps I know inductor is not working above 33 amps. My old circuit is working great but it is limited, now I want to build a circuit with no center tap on the induction coil. I have not worked on this project in about 2 years, I need something to do It is 1 degree f here with 7" of snow.

Attachments

• 100_8376.JPG
    100_8376.JPG
    880.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
The company Micrometals dot com has an online inductor calculator. Their catalog also offers a wealth of information related to the understanding of power-supply inductors.

If I could buy a 100uh toroid inductor 30a that will be better than winding my own.

Last edited:
Toroid's are electronic parts.
I'd have thought that if you wanted information about torriods specifically, you might have put that in the title so that the people knowledgeable about torrids would be likely to look at the post.

I could be wrong......

I'd have thought that if you wanted information about torriods specifically, you might have put that in the title so that the people knowledgeable about torrids would be likely to look at the post.

I could be wrong......
You are wrong. But if you insist you're right, send him a private message - you're clogging up the flow of the thread.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back