Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultiboard help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi There,

If someone know Ultiboard from electronicsworkbench please help me with the following. I'm having trouble with ratnests. Where can I find the ratnests line to connect components before autorouting?

Electronics4you said:
Hi There,

If someone know Ultiboard from electronicsworkbench please help me with the following. I'm having trouble with ratnests. Where can I find the ratnests line to connect components before autorouting?

I have been using ultimate technology ultiboard/ulticap etc for years, since version 4 in fact, long before it was sold on to Electronics Workbench. I have no idea about the offerings from EWB since their takeover of the software, because to my mind it only complicated what was a very good product to begin with.

I thought the ratsnest feature was purely a guide for best layout/least crossed wires during manual placement of components. Using a mix of ratsnest and the force vectors yeilds shortest trace with as few cross overs etc as possible. It's useful really only as a manual placement aid, but not for autorouting. Look in the settings/preferences for a view tab, and select ratsnest and or force vectors to show them as you work.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back