Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

timing parallel pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you any thoughts on implementing this last change?

"Instead, can we change the manual run so that when it has ended, the timer resets to zero in the same way (presently it runs on until STOP is pushed). This means that you would use the end of the last active timer as the cue to zero/reset the manual routine".

hi,
Slight delay, I have been travelling for the past two days.
Look at this version.

Attachments

• ParaTimer2_2.exe
    94.5 KB · Views: 117
2.2 works great Eric. The program is fantastic and it's doing everything I want.

Thankyou for all your input to this project.

Btw, I also am a CPL and ham.

Brian, Auckland NZ

Last edited:
Hi Eric

The software is working well. I have now added a discrete counter circuit in the interface box (next to projector) so I can visually see at which point in the sequence the timer is at. The event counter is a single digit (0-9) as it only needs to count to '5'.

Displaying '1' - Enabling lens motor for zoom
Displaying '2.' - Zooming in (or out)
Displaying '3' - Enabling Shift
Displaying '4' - Shifting lens up (or down)
Displaying '5' - Shifting lens left (or right).

I have included a reset p/button to 'zero' the counter at the box.

What I would like to do now is to be able to reset the counter from your software.

I note that the unused parallel port Pin 1 normally has volts on it. I could use this voltage to control a reset device (transistor or relay) when the software "Reset" is selected - which might momentarily zero the pin 1 voltage. This would then trigger the reset circuitry in my counter (set 74SL90 Pin 3 high).

Is this possible Eric?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back