Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thread / Tab for handy routines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlPhart

I may be missing it, but how about a "spot" for code snippets? Keep them small, single purpose routines in whichever language; porting high level would be easy, translate/rewrite the basic structure for assembler. Maybe as a tab like Circuits or Theory?

They'd have to be original or by attribution/release. Plagiarism could be a problem. I don't know how you'd deal with that. Reuse would request attribution, but with no way to enforce it.

For me, after Several Years of various hdwe/swre methods, I finally wrote a switch debounce routine that works well. A simple version takes bounce out of low active switches. Another debounces both states. I have Lots of similar code chunks.

I'll periodically post'em wherever you indicate, once I hit the 25 post minimum. TNX <<<)))

Hi OlPhart,

I've just given you permission to post in the contents section. The 25 post minimum is mainly to prevent spammers from posting in there and you are obviously not a spammer. You can stick up any code snippets and if there is not a category for them just message me and I will create one for you.

Let me know how it goes :)

Here is a link to creating a article (code snippet):

Regards,
EM

> TNX 3v0, yes I looked Right past it
> I see only a Category for "Hello World" code. Is this an evolving pool to be subsorted as entrants warrant?
> I'll post each debounce rtn as they have different intents and see what happens
> I'm going to title as: Function, Language, Chip Series: easier sort, maybe a standard?
> ANYthing I post will (most always) be original, else it'll be attributed (only fair)
> TNX EM, I'll try not to disappoint... <<<)))

I'll suggest somewhat broader categories:
> Hello World stuff is roughly "Introductory / First-Run" code
> debounce is more "Hardware or Interface Management"

Maybe let it evolve. Start with broad topics. Subdivide each as a topic gets populated. The number of entries will illustrate areas of difficulty & interest. I'd keep it by function as 1st key, tough call thereafter.

Could its' access "point" be changed to the top subthread as where you have PIC & other hardware specific threads?
Have & keep One software specific thread that subdivides thereafter by function, etc?...... (may not fit the "article" format"...ok)

Is there a guide for "Publishing Options"? WOOF, I left it all alone, if only to not make any mistakes. Or did I blithely overlook the "how to" somewhere?... TNX <<<)))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back