stupid dialup . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
DOSser

I thougth DOS started as QDOS (Quick and Dirty Operating System?) bought in and badged over the course of a weekend - we have willingly been fleeced by this anti-competitive privateer ever since.
[EDIT - sorry - just seen the above in the links - should have read them better before posting :roll: ]

I run WinME which denies having DOS until you frig the way it starts up ... mine ALWAYS now goes through a DOS menu (the very DOS that ME denies having) on boot-up.

My laptop internal 56k modem achieves a staggering 15k to 20kBaud :roll: so I'm a bit jealous of your 40+k !

On a side note ... why is my 12 year old 20MHz 480 Toshiba faster than a 1Gig Dell running WinME ? bloatware ? that bloody animated paperclip ? (faster at booting, starting Word etc - real things you have to wait for!)

Wow, rant on :!:

Tim, as I signed my post.

duh

u may be wondering why i havent said a thing for a couple of days . . . again, dialup. we had a bit of a storm and it sent our fone system for a loop.

i think that i solved the problem with different programs wanting to connect again. I did a lilttle bit of work on my registry and found that website and killed it. hasn't come up again :lol:

thx for the help everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…