Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Stupid Question] Hard drive port detached with motherboard connectors, need help fixing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its just something i always do, i have found the copper going green sometimes with flux left on it.

So how should I go about using these wires? should I keep the pin at the end and solder them with it? might be easier, or should I just remove them?

YCt2dal.jpg

Damn those are some really small spaces to solder. is it a problem if the two midle ones touch each other? If only blue connection occurs, is that a problem? If only green connection occurs is that a problem as well? By connection I mean solder could be touching.

vtHpGgL.jpg

I DID IT! THANK GOD IT WORKS! oh my god I didn't expect this to work seeing my horrible work, but it does.

I want to thank all of you again for your help! Big thanks!

congrats, and no burns :D

Well done!
Welcome to your new interest and think of the possibilities that abound for inclusion in your art, should you wish to go down the rabbit hole.
Next you will be asking which oscilloscope and function generator you should get.
:D

congrats, and no burns
I did get a solder ball burn though, jumped off the tip when I was cleaning it with a sponge and landed the back of my hand thankfully.

should you wish to go down the rabbit hole.
I certainly will, to be honest I find it fascinating that the circuit I horribly put together actually functions with a few random pieces of wires.

By the way, this is THE abomination... I think I could have done a much better job if the motherboard was out, but I had to put it back in before soldering it and it was super cramped!
NRkz5DT.jpg

I have plenty of dead things I will open to practice on and learn more, and the bluetooth of my Wacom tablet is faulty, warrenty is over, so maybe i'll do that after some practice!

it still works great! hopefully it will last.

I did get a solder ball burn though, jumped off the tip when I was cleaning it with a sponge and landed the back of my hand thankfully.

I certainly will, to be honest I find it fascinating that the circuit I horribly put together actually functions with a few random pieces of wires.

By the way, this is THE abomination... I think I could have done a much better job if the motherboard was out, but I had to put it back in before soldering it and it was super cramped!
NRkz5DT.jpg

I have plenty of dead things I will open to practice on and learn more, and the bluetooth of my Wacom tablet is faulty, warrenty is over, so maybe i'll do that after some practice!

it still works great! hopefully it will last.
If its the model 5 or whetever its called, the problem is more likely the usb port on the tablet. Mine has also gone so wont charge the battery properly. its pretty common and hard to fix

If its the model 5 or whetever its called, the problem is more likely the usb port on the tablet. Mine has also gone so wont charge the battery properly. its pretty common and hard to fix

Oh yeah it's the intuos 5 pro, large. I also think it's the battery. The thing is, it works only as long as I press down on the top right of the tablet, so it's useless basically. probably connection with battery is off. Thankfull the usb port works just fine so I use it that way.

Everything works I think, battery and bluetooth part work, the connection is probably the only problem.

Everyone has to start somewhere and if it's working now, don't fiddle with it any more until you have had some more practical experience.
Is it pretty? Not really, but it's doing it's job right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back