Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

First Stupid Question of the Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ts,
If he has those chips it would mean that the only significant current consumption would be from the displays. Your link in post #41 will be good for the OP to read so he has some understanding of what he is doing rather than just building it cook book fashion. By the way. I tried the method of pre loading the counter to 5 that I suggested in post #35 and that method also works.
One other question for the OP. Is the 6 way switch single pole ? If not how many poles does it have ?

Les.

Hi Guys,
Sorry about not being here. Was trying for seven months to protect irrigation pump and should have paid more attention to drinking-water pump and well. We are in the coldest winter since 1954. Been -21 below F. That's 50+ degrees below freezing. My well-house heater just couldn't keep up. Didn't know. Woke up 4 days ago & no water!! Froze everything. Got new parts and been replacing stuff that exploded. Lotta work. Hands hurt, eyes very tired. (Short sentences here because only got a few minutes.)
As far as ICs, I can get what I need. Have a lot of LS stuff. Some ACT/HCT, as well. Haven't had time to look yet. Some CMOS. Just don't ask me what I might need. I don't have a clue. As far as making it ALL digital; got no problem with that. Even said I might have to go that way in Original Post.
Gotta split. Be here in & out. Will try to answer what I can. Thanks for your help. <ckd>

Hi Guys,
Sorry about not being here. Was trying for seven months to protect irrigation pump and should have paid more attention to drinking-water pump and well. We are in the coldest winter since 1954. Been -21 below F. That's 50+ degrees below freezing. My well-house heater just couldn't keep up. Didn't know. Woke up 4 days ago & no water!! Froze everything. Got new parts and been replacing stuff that exploded. Lotta work. Hands hurt, eyes very tired. (Short sentences here because only got a few minutes.)
As far as ICs, I can get what I need. Have a lot of LS stuff. Some ACT/HCT, as well. Haven't had time to look yet. Some CMOS. Just don't ask me what I might need. I don't have a clue. As far as making it ALL digital; got no problem with that. Even said I might have to go that way in Original Post.
Gotta split. Be here in & out. Will try to answer what I can. Thanks for your help. <ckd>
Wow, and I was complaining about having to change a faulty fire alarm yesterday, especially when I couldn't find my star screwdriver.:arghh:

spec

There was me wishing it would freeze here then there wouldn't be all the mud and muck. I wouldn't want it that cold though! Brrrrrrrr...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back