Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stupid dialup . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
DOSser

I thougth DOS started as QDOS (Quick and Dirty Operating System?) bought in and badged over the course of a weekend - we have willingly been fleeced by this anti-competitive privateer ever since.
[EDIT - sorry - just seen the above in the links - should have read them better before posting :roll: :oops: ]

I run WinME which denies having DOS until you frig the way it starts up ... mine ALWAYS now goes through a DOS menu (the very DOS that ME denies having) on boot-up.

My laptop internal 56k modem achieves a staggering 15k to 20kBaud :roll: so I'm a bit jealous of your 40+k !

On a side note ... why is my 12 year old 20MHz 480 Toshiba faster than a 1Gig Dell running WinME ? bloatware ? that bloody animated paperclip ? (faster at booting, starting Word etc - real things you have to wait for!)

Wow, rant on :!:

Tim, as I signed my post.

duh :oops:

u may be wondering why i havent said a thing for a couple of days . . . again, dialup. we had a bit of a storm and it sent our fone system for a loop.

i think that i solved the problem with different programs wanting to connect again. I did a lilttle bit of work on my registry and found that website and killed it. hasn't come up again :lol:

thx for the help everyone :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back