Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stun Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a much easier and pre-built stunner (shocker), why not just use a disposable camera?

Remove the flash capacitor then take wires off where it was then attach to bolts/prods/screws (whatever floats your boat).

You also might want to solder the flash charger switch contacts together if you are putting the camera circuit in another enclosure.

1.5v battery gives around 1000volts. Enough for you to feel it. Up the battery to a 9v and see how ,long before you get tears in your eyes.

:)

CAUTION!: Discharge the flash capacitor FULLY! It will bite you hard, if not kill you!

EDIT: Ah right, i see the camera shocker has been discussed. I thought that's what we were all after.

Last edited:
I would like to know what is the difference between inducing a shock with high voltage and low current (i.e. 1800V), and inducing a shock with a high current (20mA - 100V) and low voltage.

Hlias said:
I would like to know what is the difference between inducing a shock with high voltage and low current (i.e. 1800V), and inducing a shock with a high current (20mA - 100V) and low voltage.

First off, That particular 1800 Volt circuit is absolutely USELESS. It has almost No Current and 1800 volts isn't enough unless you contact Bare Skin.

Second, 100 Volts at 20 mA Can Easily KILL the person.

Ideally you need High Voltage to Penitrate the persons Clothing so the person gets a Shock. And a reasonable pulse of current so it HURTS but doesn't Kill.

What I want to build is a device that has, say an electrode that I touch it with my finger and i can send an 'electric shock' but NOT painful or disturbing, justto be able to feel the 'electric sensation.
Could you suggest something?

Thank you in advance.

Everybody is different. Some people are barely alive and are killed by the slightest shock. Some people die just by thinking about being shocked.

Then you will be charged with MURDER! (Unless you can prove that the person died just before you shocked him)

Hlias said:
What I want to build is a device that has, say an electrode that I touch it with my finger and i can send an 'electric shock' but NOT painful or disturbing, justto be able to feel the 'electric sensation.

Thank you in advance.

Tell them to run around on a carpet or rub a balloon to their head. Done.

Hlias said:

Thank you in advance.

Take a pvc tube rub it a few times on the woolen pullover you're wearing and shake sombodies hand

not deadly but after several times highly anoying

Robert-Jan

Circuit Cellar July 2008 *#216 has
Launch Control
Build A Coil Gun Controller And Launcher

Andrew’s educational system works as a controller and data recorder for a dual-coil coil gun.
Use the LM3S811-based controller to experiment with various aspects of the coil gun,
including timing and voltage control.You can also measure the real-time voltage and current.

Circuit Cellar is not free but the electronic version is priced right.

24" diameter polyetilene-coated pipes used in natural gas pipelines are very good in shocking people when their (metallic) ends are touched, albeit quite long (12 meters) and heavy (2.2 metric tons) to carry with you. ;)

In dry weather the effect is (painfully) easily noticeable.

Could you please provide more details on the transformer.
Is it the output transformer used in pockect radio sets?

Thanks

no he won't but it is 1:200 ratio. it is a bad design actualy considering that the lm555 can sink- supply 300ma the driver with 1k doesn't make sense. then there is the questiopn of the 1800 v pot. there is the question that whatever happens on the econdary will reflect to the primary by the ratio of 200:1 I don't think the 9v battery appreciate that . I give this circuit a D

In the circuit on the first page of this thread the transformer is 1k center-tap to 200k. The impedance ratio is 250 ohms to 200k ohms and its stepup voltage ratio is only 28.3 times.
The transistor turning off causes the transformer's inductance to make a voltage spike that is much higher than 9v x 28.3= 255V.

The battery does not have a supply bypass capacitor so the battery voltage might drop to only 3V during the time that the 555 and transistor conduct.

My 'stungun' only makes 37v ??i think its the transformer.. .whats the purpose of the diode over the transistor?

The diode in parallel with the transistor doesn't do anything. The transistor breaks down when its collector voltage is about +40V. The diode will conduct if the collector goes negative but it never will.

The diode is not a safty precaution. It is not needed.
The transistor might be zapped by the opposite polarity of a voltage spike.

Maybe the transistor should have a higher voltage rating.

Stungun

If I was assaulted with the "stungun" that started this thread, I would have to take half a second to decide whether to laugh or break the perpetrator's jaw.
It may well be time to publish MY idea of a stungun. This one will burn out a 600W floodlamp THROUGH a Russian Navy greatcoat.
Quick specification, 60-80 KV initiation at a couple of amps for a VERY short space of time, which ionises the path for a capacitor discharge, 800 microfarads at 1000v.
This is not for use on friends or animals, this is for use on some bugger with a knife or gun who you KNOW is out to kill you.
It is likely that they will not get up again.
I await Nigel's comments before I say any more on this subject.

If I was assaulted with the "stungun" that started this thread, I would have to take half a second to decide whether to laugh or break the perpetrator's jaw.
It may well be time to publish MY idea of a stungun. This one will burn out a 600W floodlamp THROUGH a Russian Navy greatcoat.
Quick specification, 60-80 KV initiation at a couple of amps for a VERY short space of time, which ionises the path for a capacitor discharge, 800 microfarads at 1000v.
This is not for use on friends or animals, this is for use on some bugger with a knife or gun who you KNOW is out to kill you.
It is likely that they will not get up again.
I await Nigel's comments before I say any more on this subject.

Why not just use a gun if you're going to kill the person? At least with a gun the person could still survive and you won't go to prison for a long time. There is a thing called "excessive force", that is unless you live in Texas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back