Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stun Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 15 turns of wire is like a dead short to your 170V generator.

A little 9V battery has a low output current. When its voltage is stepped up by the first transformer then the 170V current is much less.

can i get some help here ? :D

i made my gun and the picture here is 2nd Transformer

after my first step up transformer im getting ~170 V (pulsing DC @20khz) from 9V
primary of the first has ~20 turns, secondary has about 500

but after i connect that to the second transformer i get NOTHING out, and the voltage on the secondary of the 1st transformer drops to 0

what's up with that ?

Besides the Turns, What is your total Schematic?

Yes the 15 turn Primary is a Bit Small, But reguardless of that.
To make this to work, you need to rectify T1's Output and use a suitable capacitor to store the 170 volts and build up current.
Also you need a suitable Pulse circuit to deliver the 170 volts in that capacitor to send pulses to T2.
Possibly about 2 or 3 pulses per Second.

You might check out the Schematics on my website. I use an SCR Pulse circuit.

Last edited:
after screwing around with this for the entire month of june, i kinda figured that too, that i might have to use pulsing on the second transformer as well

the first transformer is pulsed at around 20khz, so you're saying that the pulsing of the 2nd one should be lower or higher ?

btw - both transformers i use have ferrid cores

after screwing around with this for the entire month of june, i kinda figured that too, that i might have to use pulsing on the second transformer as well

the first transformer is pulsed at around 20khz, so you're saying that the pulsing of the 2nd one should be lower or higher ?

btw - both transformers i use have ferrid cores

Your First Transformer is OK at the 20khz. It doesn't really Matter, But you need to Rectify its output to DC and Filter it with a "Capacitor of about .1uF to .22uF".

That DC need to PULSE MUCH LOWER in Frequency.
Stun Guns do Not produce a Steady High frequency output. Actually Slow Pulses.
In your case, Only about 2 to 5 HZ.
The Exact speed will be Determined by How Fast your Capacitor can "RECHARGE".

And that will partly depend on your First Oscillator Circuit, as well as your Batteries Capability. Nicad and Nimh are good, or a Lithium battery is even better.
(Cheap Batteries will Not deliver enough current.)

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back