Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Coil Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone Electro said:
Yea dengerus if your stupid and stick your fingers around wen there charged.

I once acsidetaly was toching the output wen i trigerd the SCR and it only stung a litle bit.That was 100V.My hands ware dry so codnt coduct much.If they ware wet i wod cetarnly get a painful shock.

There is a way by stacking a lot of car baterys in sersis to get an high volatge.This is very dengerus if you short it becose an cap will only make an pulse of high curent but a car batery will make continues high curent that can make wires realy realy realy hot and melt them.

Whith an coligun you have to have high volatge to get enugh curent trough the coil (Ohoms law)
100 volts at 500A:eek: . i thought that would have killed you instantly and probably would have fryed you:confused:

things said:
100 volts at 500A:eek: . i thought that would have killed you instantly and probably would have fryed you:confused:
No, his hands were dry so were a high resistance.
Use Ohm's Law:
His hands might have been 100k ohms. 100V across 100k is a current of only 1mA.
The power in 100k ohms with 100V is only 0.1W which isn't enough to fry anything.

For a very high current of 500A to flow, the resistance must be only 0.2 ohms.
The power in a resistance of 0.2 ohms with 100V across it is 50,000W.

Even if the leads penetrated the skin I don't think you could get .2 ohms, unless the leads were very close. In which case the water in the skin would vaporize and you'd explode a small patch of skin. Lovely thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back