Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

STUN GUN

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripler

Hey can anyone help, i need sum help building a stun gun!! has anyone built one? anyone have any good links? help please

thanks

Hi!
I've built the stungun designed by Mark Stoker (from the last link of the admin. , second picture).
Well, I couldn't find the 200k to 1k transformer,all I found was a 20k to 1k but i used about 5 voltage doublers (as in the stungun from the first link , after the transformer) at the output.
It does work but the output level is too low , that's just because of the transformer I used right? Or don't the voltage doublers work?
thx

Step-up Transformers & Voltage Multipliers

If you compare the two circuits they use identical oscillators (apart from swapping two capacitors for each other :?: ).
The circuit from which you copied the voltage multipier uses a (LT44) 20k to 1k transformer anyway so that can't be fatal (sic).

I wonder if you have low leakage, high voltage capacitors for the voltage multiplier stages, and high voltage diodes (1N4007, 1N5408 or similar)?

These multipliers certainly do work, all colour TV sets use exactly the same ladder circuit to generate the EHT (this can kill!) for the picture tube (CRT). I have also used a ladder to generate 10kV direct from 240v mains :shock: for an ioniser.

I used 0.01 / 630v capacitors and 1N4007 diodes for the voltage doublers so that doesn't seem to be the problem I guess.thanks for the reply mechie!

Voltage Step-up Circuits

Freeze,
Do you know what kind of frequency your oscillator is running at? if it's outside the audio range these transformers can cope with?
Can you measure the AC voltage IN to the transformer and OUT of it - is this a healthy step-up ratio?

stunguns

10/26/02
HEY THEIR GUYS;
I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON MY OWN IDEALS AND THOUGHTS FOR A STUNGUN, AND COME TO FIND OUT I AM SO VERY CLOSE. I'VE BEEN USING 555 IC OSILLATOR'S FOR SOMETIME AND WINDING MY OWN COILS, I'VE MADE SOME GOOD PROGRESS, EVEN THE DAZER DOESN'T
WORK AS WELL AS I HAD HOPED, BUT MY SOLID-STATE JACOBS LADDER
WAS THE BASIC KEY AND IT WAS UNDER MY NOSE ALL THE TIME.

A FRIEND OF MIND HANDED ME A BROKEN STUNGUN TO TRY TO FIX IT AND THAT TOO WAS NOT TO FAR OFF FROM MY ATTEMPTS WITH THE DAZER. WELL I DID GET IT WORKING AGAIN, AND THERE IS A CROSS
LIKE STAPLES THAT I ENDED UP RE-GAUGEING, SO WHEN THE CAP GETS ENOUGH CHARGE IT ARC'S BETWEEN THEM, AND THE ADJUSTMENTS WAS
ABOUT THAT OF PAPER, IT WORKS PRETTY GOOD NOW.

ANY HOW I THOUGHT I WOULD SEND A REPLY AND OFFER ANY ASSISTANCE TO ANYONE TRYING TO DO THE SAME THING, I'VE BEEN A HV NUT FOR A FEW YEARS NOW.
TAKE CARE NOW !
MARK RICHARDSON
RICHART4U@PRODIGY.NET :D :D

how come so many people (myself included) want to build a stun gun, is it a male thing?

If you want to make a very simple cow prod you can just use more than one caps from flash cameras.

Just an FYI, a 200KCT-1KCT Transformer is a mini-audio transformer, you can find it here.

www.newark.com

Just type in 200KCT in the search.

It costs about $20, but it's size is very compact, so if you're attempting to make a concealable stungun, it's your best bet.

And yes, it's a guy thing, we're infatuated with anything and everything that can cause physical harm to others.

Which is why I collect weapons.

Guns, Knives, Swords, Batons, Crossbows, etc.

I just need one for self-defence, (mace, tasers etc are all illegal in my country, and building a stun gun is a lot safer and practical than building my own firearm: :wink: ).

So will the Mark Stoker stun gun design be able to cause intense muscle spams or loss of conscious when applied correctly?

Depends, I've been hit by a stungun before, the only thing it does is cause you to have a single full body muscle spasm, enough to drop a person long enough to gain control of them.

If you want a simple self defense device, get a kubaton. It's like a set of legal brass knuckles, with a spike on the end.

Basically a kubaton is just a piece of heavy metal with finger grooves so you can hold it and it adds extra weight for when you punch, some have a blunted spike on the top for hitting ribs, or getting a shot in between a muscle in the arm to paralyse it.

Also I've seen one model that carries throwing spikes on the top, so one flick and your opponent has 4 sharp pointy things in their chest.

They're also really cheap, every one I've seen is under $10

Hi, I'm juz found this forum and its GREAT~

ermmm i have a question here abt the stun gun.
i cant seems to find the audio transformer mentioned in Rick Duker's Electronic Dazer (1st link)

is there anything else i can replace it with or any webbies i can find purchase it frm? or mayb, item that might have the part inside it.

Its for my sch project. =)

If you're referring to the 200KCT-1KCT, I gave a link to it in my post.

ermmm i'm refering to 1200 to 8 ohm audio power transformer.
the 1st link

oh and the link...there was no matches found after the search.

The Stun Gun

The only way this design will stun some one is if you throw it hard enough !
I personally worry about the way this thread is starting to sound - 'GBH' springs to mind, however -

In order to 'stun' you will need to deliver in excess of a hundred joules of energy, an open-circuit voltage high enough to overcome any resistance will be required - maybe a few hundred volts for bare skin, several (ten?) thousand volts to penetrate clothing (or fleece/fur!).
I know that ten joules and 10,000v (a typical small farm electric fence energiser) is painful but safe (except for extreme cases).

The Nazis did some excellent (though morally outrageous) research during the Second World War into current flow in human bodies and its effect - they produced the data still used today specifying the minimum current that can be felt etc. Thanks (in part) to PoW suffering we now have legislation under whch you could be prosecuted if your stun gun is not 'safe'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back