Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solid state relays DC-AC Convert them to DC-DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protodesigns

hello I just picked up 3x Syrelec Solid State Relay ARS 10A. I'm designing a RGB controller modual for my Car trunk "so when the trunk opens I get led light show. I'm going to have a Arduino doing the controlling for SSR's, each SSR will control one color diode.

But here is where I run into a problem the SSR I bought are DC-AC, but I need them to be DC-DC. Now i did try to hook the SSR to my bench power supply. with 5v DC as input and 12v DC Output as the Output. To my amaze that SSR was able to control the 12v "there was a voltage drop but nothing to bad". I also I hooked op my Oscilloscope to see if there was a change in the frequency, There was not.

Now my question will be if they work as DC-DC SSR, or will they suffer any damage or shorts to the SSR and or the whole Module.

If the SSR controls DC without problem (turns the power both on and off) then it should be fine. Some AC SSRs use a TRIAC or SCRs which will not turn off with DC.

Don't understand what you mean by checking for a change in frequency. DC has no frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back