Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Servo PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does a capacitor network have to do with a PIC generating servo signals? The only thing I can think you're asking is what kind of decoupling capacitors people use. If you can live with the diode drop to the PIC you can use a super cap or a large electrolytic on the VCC/GND lines so the PIC can drain the capacitor but the servo can't, that will give you the most stable voltage possible, especially when the battery pack is weak. Otherwise use as large an electrolytic as possible and a mid range tantalum and a smaller ceramic to try to filter out the noise the servo will feedback.

Sceadwian said:
What does a capacitor network have to do with a PIC generating servo signals? The only thing I can think you're asking is what kind of decoupling capacitors people use. If you can live with the diode drop to the PIC you can use a super cap or a large electrolytic on the VCC/GND lines so the PIC can drain the capacitor but the servo can't, that will give you the most stable voltage possible, especially when the battery pack is weak.

you pretty much summed it up - the current draw is so great that the PIC resets/doesnt seems to function correctly.

Sceadwian said:
Otherwise use as large an electrolytic as possible and a mid range tantalum and a smaller ceramic to try to filter out the noise the servo will feedback.

I'm no guru with determining capacitor values required for differnent applications, how do you calculate the required capacitance values?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back