Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Emerson Model AA25990L PSU for HP Designjet510

blowerman

Suffice to say I am beset with failing equipment sometimes and my HP plotter is the latest casualty. Dead as a DoDo so I've removed the power supply with the rather optimistic hope of finding a fault however I can find no information on these units at all so not even sure what to test or how. Visual inspection doesn't show any obvious capacitor problems but that's about as far as I can go without further info or more knowledgeable input. There appear to be no new replacements available only ones removed from other printers and 'presumed working'. Has anyone also suffered with a power supply problem on this printer or any ideas. The printer hasn't had a huge amount of use and I bought it new about ten years ago.

With it removed but plugged in to power and the power button pushed it’s completely dead. It has a power/standby button permanently wired into it and then a twenty way connector. I did wonder if the connector contained some contacts that get connected when plugged into the printer to allow it to enable but no information. I haven’t delved far but the power switch gets 240v ac and when on connects 240v ac. There’s a local fuse close to the mains board connection and that shows continuity. Not sure where to go from there. All caps have no visible sign of bulging or leaking just dead. Is there anything you think I should check… might need some steering!!

Check for primary 335 Vdc. (carefully)

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back