Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Server Down: Hard Drive Failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DerStrom is correct.

What's missing at the moment is unrecoverable from my end. It's attachments that from January, 2012 to December 2012. I've started to contact members with a list of specific blogs and articles which have missing files and requesting that they re-upload. I will be doing the same for forum posts in the next day or so. But if you wish, you can do this without waiting for the email from myself.

It is a very regrettable situation. And to prevent such a thing happening again I've setup a new backup system that automatically synchronizes all files to a remote location every night. This wont happen again!

Regards,
EM

In that case I don't know what to say and do. I'm in big trouble. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Regards
PG

I'm in big trouble. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Regards
PG

PG,

I went on the Wayback machine and there is an backup dated Dec 6. I could see your attached files there. However, when I tried to view them, it asks me for a password.
After trying several ways, looks like we can't get those files.

Steve

Last edited:
Thanks, Ian, Steve.

@Steve: It's very kind of you that you checked it there. Actually I hadn't been to the Wayback machine but still was confident that it won't help. Actually my own computer crashed some time ago and I had problem accessing some folders, especially the ones residing in system drive "c" and many of the images I uploaded here were in one of those cursed folders. But sill there is hope. Once I'm done with the exams I will take a final stab at it. :)

Best wishes
PG

PG, is there a specific thread you're looking for?

PG, is there a specific thread you're looking for?

Hi

No. Actually, as you probably know, I use images extensively in my threads and the images also carry my queries. So, you see without the images I can't make any sense what is being discussed. But I will give it a last try once I'm free. Anyway, thanks for asking.

Regards
PG

Hi

No. Actually, as you probably know, I use images extensively in my threads and the images also carry my queries. So, you see without the images I can't make any sense what is being discussed. But I will give it a last try once I'm free. Anyway, thanks for asking.

Regards
PG

Yes, I had noticed you use images in every single one of your threads :D

Just curious, how often do you look back on your old threads? Or are you referring exclusively to your most recent ones?

Yes, I had noticed you use images in every single one of your threads :D

So, perhaps you guys have punished me for abusing the free data servers! ;)

Just curious, how often do you look back on your old threads? Or are you referring exclusively to your most recent ones?

I go through my old threads from time to time. For instance, just some days I had to use some of the threads which I created a year ago. In general I use the old threads quite often. Thank you.

Regards
PG

So, perhaps you guys have punished me for abusing the free data servers! ;)

Oh yes, that's definitely it! *Ahem* Now PG, you be good from now on or we'll make the hard drive crash again! :D

I go through my old threads from time to time. For instance, just some days I had to use some of the threads which I created a year ago. In general I use the old threads quite often. Thank you.

Regards
PG

In that case, I hope the waybackmachine helps you. Good luck!

There should always be an edit button on posts now:

edit.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back