Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Server Down: Hard Drive Failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroMaster

Administrator
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately about 24 hours ago the server's hard drive failed and was unrepairable. I've been working flat out to get the site back up and running and I've just this minute got things to somewhat of a working order.

There are many things to do. There will be many error on images. However, you can continue to post and reply. I will work in the background to recover the rest of the information and update you as I go.

The backup was from the 8th December so there maybe a day or two missing.

Kind Regards,
EM.

Last edited:
Thanks very much, EM! Hope things smooth out in a short time. I appreciate your hard work to get this site back up and running again!

Regards,
Matt

Sorry to hear about this problem!
I Wish you Good LUCK in getting your repairs done.

SEASONS GREETINGS.......Gary

Hi,

Nice to see up and running again.

Did we lose some threads?

Glad to get back at least something normal. Appreciate your effort EM!

Can we run a cron job on a daily basis to take data back-ups, probably to another server would be much good.

one of the better ways to spend holidays - wrestling with technology ;-)

Glad to get back at least something normal. Appreciate your effort EM!

Can we run a cron job on a daily basis to take data back-ups, probably to another server would be much good.

Thanks for the effort man.
BTW I am an Oracle DBA and UNIX admin by profession.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Cheers.

Keep up the good work, EM. I was beginning to get withdrawal symptoms ;)

All things considered a great job of getting things back up and running. We lose a little then so be it.

Ron

It is Nice that the site is back. afterall, our site has been more stable for quite a time.
Thanks for faster restoration.

Good Luck, EM

Thanks. kv

PG1995, I like your avatar.

Hey I have to say you made my Xmas Thanks ElectroMaster for the great work you do.

Thanks for your hard work. Btw, Merry Christmas to you and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back