Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Record Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

My Boss has an old Record Player.

His question is can he change the impedance to line level so he can plug that into his sound system.

I know they are at different levels but, I don't know what to do about it.

Thanks.

kv

Last edited:
Cartridges are either moving magnet, moving coil or ceramic. All require equilization, meaning the gain of the AMP changes with frequency. The most common equilization curve is RIAA.

Cheap stereos may have come with a ceramic cartridge. These are relatively high level output.

Moving magnet is the most common cartridge.

Moving coil cartridges are really pricey and have a very low output.

Here are some inexpensive preamps: Phonopreamps.com Home Page

And some messy stuff: **broken link removed**

and then there is this one: **broken link removed**

IMHO moving coil cartridges give the best sound.

Cartridges are either moving magnet, moving coil or ceramic. All require equilization, meaning the gain of the AMP changes with frequency. The most common equilization curve is RIAA.

Cheap stereos may have come with a ceramic cartridge. These are relatively high level output.

Moving magnet is the most common cartridge.

Moving coil cartridges are really pricey and have a very low output.

IMHO moving coil cartridges give the best sound.

Thanks Bill. ;)

Thanks (KISS) Rock Star :D

If it's Ok, I'll just refer to you as (KIS). :WINK:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back