Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Repair of SONY CDP XE270 CD player ?

keldsor

The drawer wouldn't come out!

It turned out to be a loose belt for the charging motor - it is now fixed and works perfectly, BUT ...
when a CD is inserted and the drawer is closed, the spindle motor does NOT run and after some time the error message "No Disc" appears!

I have cleaned the lens with isopropyl alcohol but still spindle motor not running.

I can't find any sensor to detect whether there is a CD in the drawer - where is it ?

Does anyone have an idea to move forward?

Only the very early CD Players used sensors to detect the disc - they soon realised it wasn't needed. Instead when the draw closes, the laser tries to focus on the disc, if it can't focus then there's no disc, if it can focus, then there's a disc there. That's how they detect a disc. Once it's detected a disc then it will spin the disc, and try and read the TOC from it.

Just close the draw with no disc, and ensure the laser assembly moves up and down as it tries to focus on a disc - you might also be able to see the red light of the laser, but don't look too closely, as it can damage your eyes.

THX for your answer !

OK, I try that and be aware of the laser bean too !

(BTW: Why didn't I get any notice of your answer ?)

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back