Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

receiver overloadin

Status
Not open for further replies.

smgreen731

hello, I hope someone can help me. I have a technics receiver and the overload button comes on everytime I turn up the volume past 5 which is causing the receiver to shut off. I took it to an audio place to have it fixed first they changed the fan motor, took it home still doin the same thing, took it back they replaced the caps said they played it for 4hrs on volume 10 and it worked fine. Well I brought it home hooked it up still overloading past 5. I changed the plugs got new speaker wire and its still overloadin. I tried my speakers on my surround sound receiver and the speakers were fine the surround sound didn't overload. What else could be makin this receiver overload???

Well the one common thing is the speakers...works fine at the "shop" with their speakers....doent with yours. Just because another unit will put up with crappy speakers doesnt mean that they are ok. Grab another pair of speakers from someone, and check out your receiver withn a loaned pair.

Speakers have different ohm ratings, which is making your amp go into overload.

well that's strange because those are the same speakers I've had the receiver hooked up to for 16yrs sinceI got the system as a birthday present soo why would it be overloadin now and not overloadin the first time it was hooked up??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back