Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem low light brightness display fonrtpanel glass.segment receiver istar

electronium

hi
Hi friends
Good evening... I hope you are well
A customer brought an istar receiver that had a problem. It has not been repaired yet. The front panel of the device's display is a dim glass segment. It is not clear to the user at the right distance. What should be done and which part of the panel has a problem that caused its glass display to dim?
۲۰۲۴۰۲۱۱_۱۷۳۲۳۵_zxt6.jpg

۲۰۲۴۰۲۱۱_۱۷۳۲۵۴_z0t.jpg

Last edited:
Assuming it's a florescent display tube (a type of valve), then they only have a limited lifetime, and commonly dim as they age. So it's probably just worn out, and requires replacing, if you can source one from Istar? (generally they are all custom made).

Assuming it's a florescent display tube (a type of valve), then they only have a limited lifetime, and commonly dim as they age. So it's probably just worn out, and requires replacing, if you can source one from Istar? (generally they are all custom made).
There is no way or trick to solve the problem?
Because its spare board is apparently not available in the market of our country... or it is difficult to get it and the price agreement we made with the customer does not fit, the customer will not pay more than that, that is why I am looking for its repair.

You could check the output of the inverter (now you've posted pictures), and try replacing the electrolytic capacitors round it, but in my decades of experience it's almost always the display - it's a valve, it wears out, and requires fairly regular replacement.

The filament oxidizes which reduces emissivity. You can extend lifespan a year or more by raising the filament current to white hot for a few seconds only..

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back