Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project: Simplest shocker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to make a shocker, but I don't know what components to use.
For the scheme below, using a 9V source, what should I use? =/

Attachments

• shock.GIF
    shock.GIF
    2 KB · Views: 1,075
Nigel Goodwin said:
You can get a HELL of a good shock off a camera flash - the capacitor charges up to about 300V - without the capacitor it wouldn't be as much, but why would you want to leave the capacitor out?.

I bought my daughter a pack of three disposible cameras when she went away with some friends, and I asked for them back when I had them developed - quite good fun!.

belive him :eek: HELL of muthu fu@#$%* shock :eek:

JimB said:
As you are trying to teach us something, please get it right.

Adios = Spanish for Goodbye

Hasta la vista, baby = Spoken by Arnie Schwartzenegger in Terminator2 before he blew away the "bad cyborg".
My nightschool Spanish teacher (from Spain) was rather horrified :eek: by the expression as a corruption of the Spanish language!
Hasta luego = see you later.

No problemo = sounds a bit like Bart Simpson to me.

JimB

actually dude "Adios" means( To God ) :confused: all that is good ..like "Aloha" in Hawaii whitch also means hellow so to adios:confused: ( it's more a blessing for coming's and going's)...not Goodbye which by the way goodbye means good riddins in a nice way as in goodbyes are forever...(there's no blessing ):eek:

as for Hasta la vista which if youre spanish teacher (from spain )where from another part of the world would understand it completely by it's meaning which is "Until the next time we see eachother" not meet , but see ...Hasta Luego means until later ....the No Problemo sound's like the (some not all) Racest:rolleyes: ******* Border Patrol Officer explaining to an (illeagal (border hopper):eek: central and south AMERICAN ( que no hay problemas) but anyway's thats a whole nother topic aint it... so if youre going to teach teach with a little more in depth Knowledge of the language before it leads to a missunderstanding.... :ltoet: it's better to teach the man/woman to fish than to give him/her fish for one day:gtoet: .......:eek:

LOL! I am in my 60's but you lads remind me of when I was young, a little devil mind you. I was 12 at the time and I put together an old fashioned electric bell with a battery and push button switch. Wires led out of a mysterious box for the unsuspecting.
I pressed the button and rang the bell and then invited kids in the play ground to try and ring the bell by holding hands between the wires of course. They tried but could not ring the bell. So I suggested licking their hands and trying again but this time I pressed the button. :eek:
Teachers eventually caught me and that was that, but good fun while it lasted!

Attachments

• bell.JPG
    bell.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 717
HiTech said:
LOLOL! A Van de Graff generator toted around in a backpack!! A Tesla coil would do well too. He can wear one of those chef's carving gloves made of chainlink mesh. Let's hope his first victim doesn't have an implanted pacemaker!!

Well...

If you can get a high voltage generator (few kV) with very low current, you can connect it to a small (smaller than A4) pad of foil sandwiched in THICK (>1mm) polyethene. If you keep that close to your skin and have nice thick shoes, you can charge yourself up. (You form a capacitor with the foilpad.)

Anyone you touch gets a nasty shock. And don't tell me this doesn't work- Because I built and have one running prefectly fine. (15kV is fun stuff!)

But don't you shock yourself as well?

Yep, you do. But I don't mind the shock, if not, I just carry a small screwdriver to tap people with. With a nice sharp one, I can get sparks up to 1cm long, which is quite fun to watch!

I can get a nice fat spark nearly 1cm long with the piezo spark thingy from a lighter.

The shock is both bearable and actually not too bad if you're expecting it. It's like a punch in the face if you don't know it's coming though =)

[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

I'll see your piezo ignitor and raise you with my high energy discharge ignition coil!

Hit the igniter a few times with a good cap to buffer it and there may be a duel here! ;)

Hi! I'm looking to build a shocker ( spark generator) for "decoration" purposes and not going out to shock a idiot. How long of a spark could be made using some of the circuits, etc. What are the schematics?
...and how would you calculate the distance of the spark?
Thank you

I think a voltage of 10,000V will cause a spark of about 1cm long in fairly dry air.
A Telsa coil can make over 1million volts. You do the math to calculate the length of the spark.

**broken link removed**

woah, that's a high voltage to get such a little spark! so a 4cm spark would be 40,000V. k, so what transformers, capacitor, and relays could I use? plz not flyback :\

A TV's flyback transformer operates at about 16kHz to produce 30,000V for a 32" colour TV. It has insulation to withstand such a high voltage.

An ordinary power transformer would produve a few hundred volts if it is used backwards.
An old audio transformer from a vacuum tube amplifier would produce maybe 600V if it is used backwards.
What else can make high voltages?

LOL at Oznog!!!! I was just talking about that gesture today at work. I wonder if it means the same thing to you. Please do tell what it means to you.:D

Whee, high voltages.

A quick search on the internet and my brain turns these up:
Neon sign transformers (~5kV, a few mA)
Microwave oven transformers (~3kv, a few ma)
Oil burner ignitor transformers (beats me, I guess it's the same as MOTs)
Car ignition coils (dunno, but these things look cool. I've got one somewhere around...)
Van de graff generators (varies from a few kV to a million V, current miniscule)
Static
Those huge multiple storeys tall transmission towers just outside town. Yea, those...

The first 4 and last one are usually lethal, I guess.

And anyway, why not flybacks? Flybacks are the second easiest to get and build, with ignition coils the easiest.

Firnagzen said:
Microwave oven transformers (~3kv, a few ma)
Incorrect, 0.5A or more, enought to kill you for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back