Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project: Simplest shocker

Status
Not open for further replies.
what i was wondering if anyone could tell me what the ascii crap meant, i found that on another website, thanks for the tip though

I made one of these a while ago using the electronics from a camera flash...it was really fun until my friends (who I had been using it against) held me down and shocked the crap out of me. From then on I decided never to make on again...

Ductapemaster said:
I made one of these a while ago using the electronics from a camera flash...it was really fun until my friends (who I had been using it against) held me down and shocked the crap out of me. From then on I decided never to make on again...

Well I must say you really deserved it! :p

Do you have a video of it so we could all enjoy it?.

Yeah I wish I had videoed it, but it was during break at school. After that it broke (never did find out what was wrong) so I never went about making another.

And in context, I talked with an electrical engineer not too long ago and he made an interesting project when he was a kid. Basically it was a circuit that took 120 VAC from the wall, rectified it and charged a big capacitor with it. The ends of the capacitor were connected to 2 foil pieces, which covered the box that contained the circuit. You would only hold the box from one side and ask someone to hold it. When they did, the cap. discharged through their hands and gave them a nasty jolt. It was all fun and games then, but in reality it was extremely dangerous...those caps hold a LOT of energy and it was discharging through their heart (both hands held one end of the foil)...we had a good laugh about that one.

Heh, thats if you survived the shock...I have to say, despite the danger of that box he built, it would have been a LOT of fun to use...much worse than those simple camera flash shockers...

Nigel Goodwin said:
I've had a LOT of shocks over the years :p

I'm fairly 'shock proof' :D
Here's one kind of "shock" I guarantee you wouldn't survive : ;)

**broken link removed**

What sizes are those "missiles"?
When I was a teeny-bopper I shot a 303 rifle that had a recoil very strong. The bullets disappeared.

Your little bullet looks about like a 303.

Simplest shocker: Grill igniter. And it does not have the potential to put you in the hospital or jail. My brother's friend somehow managed to get a hold of 80-something 9V's once. They hooked them all together and had 4 guys link arms then touched the contacts. Dumb college kids. They are lucky they were not all sweaty, a bad shock could have been much worse.

Last edited:
If they were all fully charged that's 720V, they really are lucky they weren't all killed!

720V/4 is still 180V per person. 9V Alkalines will supply 500 mA when fresh. Carbon 9V maybe 100 mA. Either is good for 30 seconds or more, which is plenty of time to get killed.

I agree, that's more than enough to get zapped.

I wanted to punch him for being dumb, but he is bigger than me lol. They are lucky their skin has a few M ohms resistance each. I don't think all of them were fresh, they were taken out of wireless mics. But if you leave alkaline sitting they seem to recover some charge. I have re-used dead batties plenty of times. They were lucky.

audioguru said:
I wonder what 720V tastes like??

Tastes like PWNAGE :D

If you take a flash board from a disposable camera (I have about 20 now :D) and run it with no load (no cap), it can easily generate up to 1kV (the polaroid ones) and make teh transformer run hot :)

HURTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back