Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project: Night Buzzer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an idea for those doing this with a PIC or other micro. To add a bit of evilness, setup the PICs internal timer1 as a makeshift RTC and have it chirp at random intervals between 1 and 10 minutes. You could also choose a random frequency to drive a piezo speaker.

If it chirps with a predictable period, it is probably more likely that your device will be discovered.

whats the volage rating of the electrolytic capacitor?,
And is there other alternative for the buzzer??

Come on, use your common sense, what is powering the circuit?

Just select a capacitor with a higher voltage rating than the power supply

Hi, I am interested in this project.

I need a bit of help with the parts.

Which LDR and buzzer did you guys use. Please specify model #

thanks

Hi , so I got a 6V DC mini buzzer.

I tested the buzzer just connected to a 1.5V battery. And it worked.

But when i put a resistor of even say 220 ohm in the path of the buzzer and battery, it stopped working. (maybe its making very dim sound).

But with the whole circuit It doesnt work at all.

Any help?

Thanks

The circuit is designed for a piezo beeper which uses a very low current, not a mechanical buzzer that uses a high current.

Better make sure the victim has enough sense of humor so your poor electronic cricket doesn't get stepped on if he finds it- :)

That would be the advantage of the cheaper and less elaborate circuit, if it does get found, more disposable-:)

I've encountered real life crickets that would be a good model for what this should do- chirps away happily until you get close trying to find it, and then it stops, only to resume when you get tired of standing around waiting for more clues as to where it is, and walk away. Maddening. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back