Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

paralise without opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgetwo

Hi everyone !

This sounds bad but I need it

I want to buid a circuit that will produce enough voltage to paralise or kill a circuit (stop it from woking), if possible without opening the case.
just want to do it.

**broken link removed****broken link removed**

Hi everyone !

This sounds bad but I need it

I want to buid a circuit that will produce enough voltage to paralise or kill a circuit (stop it from woking), if possible without opening the case.
just want to do it.

You're right, that certainly sounds bad. You're essentially asking us to help you vandalise someone's property?

Use a taser or stun gun.

Use a taser or stun gun.

Would that actually work or is it a joke? :D granted I know little about EMP, but my understanding is that a powerful magnetic field is created, and combined with the relative motion of the coil creating the field and the wire you want to affect, a current is induced in the wire... but to produce a magnetic field of sufficient magnitude to produce a current capable of damaging most components it would require a great deal of power in the coil, would it not? I don't think high voltage with low current would cut it...

I could be wrong, feel free to correct me. Interesting topic, but hopefully the OP won't be stupid enough to try building one and vandalising someone's property with it...

Last edited:
A taser works on you doesn't it? And you are far more immune to EMP and ESD than a circuit is.

Last edited:
I just use the remote, its the red button at the top. Elvis only didn't do it this way because TV remotes didn't exist yet, and he had a gun right there.

Last edited:
A taser works on you doesn't it? And you are far more immune to EMP and ESD than a circuit is.

Tasers work on me by directly passing a current through me due to high voltage. We're talking about using a taser to induce a current in a circuit which is separated from the taser circuit by an insulative casing, i.e. producing an EMP to overload the circuit... I think? Maybe we moved on since then. Obviously if a taser is put across the terminals and the circuit is completed, that would totally fry most circuits; I'm certainly not debating that.

By the way, dumb question perhaps but what is ESD an acronym for? Electro-static discharge perhaps?

Last edited:
to be good in any thing u need to kow the good the bad and the ugly.

no suggestions ?

I believe a suggestion was made of using a taser. If you want to do it without opening the case, I believe the only real solution is using an EMP generator, which isn't really an option given the power requirements. Or hey, start a fire if you're really that intent on damaging whatever it is. I accept no responsibility for your illegal actions :rolleyes:

That's for me to know and for you to find out :D

I'll go with electro-static discharge. I'm certainly more protected against static than most circuits :D but you see what I meant, right? Tasing a circuit may well trash it, but it's not going to be much help inside an insulative case. Need a powerful electrical field to induce a current in the circuit for that, i.e. an EMP generator. Not going to happen using a taser :D not sure of the calculations involved, been a while since I did physics involving induction due to electromagnets (and I did it at a basic level even then) but I'm thinking power is required, not just voltage.

I'll go with electro-static discharge. I'm certainly more protected against static than most circuits :D but you see what I meant, right? Tasing a circuit may well trash it, but it's not going to be much help inside an insulative case. Need a powerful electrical field to induce a current in the circuit for that, i.e. an EMP generator. Not going to happen using a taser :D not sure of the calculations involved, been a while since I did physics involving induction due to electromagnets (and I did it at a basic level even then) but I'm thinking power is required, not just voltage.

EMP has similar problem when in a metal case. So just use bullets...or carbon dust or a good ol' sledge hammer.

Last edited:
Tasing a circuit may well trash it, but it's not going to be much help inside an insulative case.

A taser produces a high enough voltage to arc through the gaps in most insulated cases.

I remember playing around with a piezo igniter and accidentally zapping my alarm clock radio - it was ruined.

A piezo igniter only produces a static shock a tazer produces a severe shock.

Perhaps I was a bit fixed on the EMP idea. Mainly because it's far more interesting than using a taser to jump through small holes in an insulated case :p

Either way, I don't think it's a good idea to so blatantly help the OP commit a crime so I don't think I'll be making any more comments on this >_>

This sort of topic should be against the forum rules or we should at least be able to flame the original poster to some extent.:D

This sort of topic should be against the forum rules or we should at least be able to flame the original poster to some extent.:D

I guess we'll just have to settle for sarcastic suggestions and evil stares in his direction. :D I was tempted to draw up a circuit consisting of a battery connected to a lovely artistic rendering of a stick of dynamite but I'm too busy to shoot him down *that* badly right now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back