Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to check ev charger current without connecting battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

kparjun416

How to check ev charger current without connecting battery
Is any circuit avilable e load tester with arduino

Attachments

• IMG_20210215_130803023.jpg
    IMG_20210215_130803023.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 222
A 2000W 120V heater or kettle would take very close to 5A at 73V and give around 360W of heat out.

The power dissipation involved is rather too much for any small electronics!

A 2000W 120V heater or kettle would take very close to 5A at 73V and give around 360W of heat out.

The power dissipation involved is rather too much for any small electronics!

I wouldn't imagine any EV charger would be triggered by a crude dummy load, it would almost certainly require detection of voltage from the battery, and very probably some kind of two way communication.

However, 73V isn't much of an EV charger - so who knows how it might be designed?.

As far as I can tell its an electric bike charger or similar, and they appear to just have a two wire output.

If it needs a voltage back from a battery to enable it, that would presumably be a reasonably high voltage, as the battery appears to be 60V nominal with 73V chargers.

As far as I can tell its an electric bike charger or similar, and they appear to just have a two wire output.

If it needs a voltage back from a battery to enable it, that would presumably be a reasonably high voltage, as the battery appears to be 60V nominal with 73V chargers.

If it's only two wire then it's probably just going to detect the voltage when connected (I'm presuming it doesn't just sit there outputting full voltage with no load?) - I'm currently playing with Li-Ion charging and buck/boost converters, and it's a matter of choice what threshold voltage you detect. My current code detects >20% of the maximum voltage in order to initiate charging, but is simply set in the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back