Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help!!a wall following robot using IR and without microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

amarsdd

basically the robot has 3 IR emitter-receiver(t-shop) ; front, right and left of the robot. I have done with building the IR part using a 555 timer and also have them calibrated by changing the intensity of the IRs.

The robot has two motors to control its movement. And i've also basically finshed the motor control part with the use of a BJT H-bridge. But now i'm having problems( actually no idea) interfacing the IR receivers outputs with the motor control.
Basically i want the robot to follow the wall at a certain calibrated distance and turn according to the wall and avoid any obstacles in its path. and i have to do it without using microcontrollers :( (its a project's limitation in the uni)..

I'm thinking about using some combinational or sequential logic to form the interface So any help is highly appreciated.

Three questions:-
What is the output of the IR emitter-receivers?
How do the H-Bridges need to be driven?
What is the control strategy?

Supplemental question:-
Can you hide a 10F222 in some heatshrink somewhere?

measuring your output current @ sensors, as well as input current needed to switch bjt's, should get you going, odds you will need a resistor between them

What dose the wall look like? You should be able to do this with analog circuitry but every varible would need to be hard wired. My 1st thought would be to use a "beam" robot light following circuit. Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back