Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM317 output voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-3-2-4

Little curious I went to radio shack to get a 7812 regulator and I was putting it on the board and I see the part is listed as LM317 the adjustable regulator.. is it still going to regulate at 12V? I don't need the adjustable feature.

I checked with my meter and it's almost 13.4V on the output.. clearly a wrong part in that sealed bag :(

Last edited:
The LM317 without adjustment resistors is basically a 1.2V regulator. Not only is the regulation voltage different to the 7812, the pinout is also different.

Yeah I thought so.. not worth bothering returning it.. I already ordered 2 7812's online they will be here Thursday.

To make an LM317 regulate at 12V, you just add 2 resistors. Download a data sheet and look at the applications section...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back