Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I have been forced to turn over a new leaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvtech

Most Helpful Member
I am the eternal optimist. Always try and find good in stuff. If you scratch enough...you will find it. Applicable to people too...

Hi Guys

How do I say this??. Here I am. As dedicated as ever to this wonderful place we lovingly call ETO. The place that with all the patience and understanding that has seen me through some of my darkest hours...some see me as a Joker....and indeed I can be....yet, the Joker is probably the one hurting the most..

Anyway...my much admired and respected opponent...recent friend...and bench partner....is probably going to die. That sucks big time. Just when I thought all was coming together...happy days. So, I sit here scratching my head. Literally.

I mean, he does not drink much. He looks after himself. He avoided the tvtechnician habit of being a total pisscat.

Here is the thing that hit me today: I have done almost everything in my power to self destruct...I have done it all and then some..
And there he comes along...knows what all the Guys before did....learns from that...and then...gets Cancer anyway...

What a bummer. I don't easily get emotional. But today was an eye opener. And kinda scary.

My backup right hand man ain't coming back. And there is nobody that can replace him. Everything is once again on my plate.

****** finger and all.

So, why did I post this thread...simple.

I need to sleep soundly on Sunday night. I need to get my ass in gear for Monday....so no posting here on a Sunday evening late anymore. I need to force myself to do this. I have traveled this road before...

I need to remind myself that I need to turn over a new leaf.

Love you Guys,
tvtech

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your mate. You'll just have to regroup yourself and start anew till they find someone to join you in the adventure of electronics repair.

Time will fly by ... so don't toil away the whole 24 hours. Save some time for your keystroking gratification.

Anyway, today I hear he is out of Hospital. And in good spirits and at home. The Cancer has spread...but for now he is OK. And full of fighting spirit :)

And I get crapped on from a Dizzy height from him...I like that. Telling stuff the way it is.

"Don't end up like me"..."Don't go through the Hell I went through".

I regard myself fortunate that my family has never had a Cancer problem. Ever.
Everything else..but not that

Cancer is something you can do nothing about to really prevent. Either it is going to hit you or leave you.

You can be a Vegetarian, live the healthiest of lives...be a fitness freak..does not matter.

Anyway, I sound morbid now. But that's the truth. I wish my friend well with his recovery. I really hope they cut out all the bad parts when they opened him up. And then the ones they did not find, they can fix from the outside.

That's the simple tvtech way of doing/seeing things.

I suppose I should of started a new post...but I am stressed.
Christmas is on it's way. I am flat out flooded with sets. I canno't keep up.

One Tech is not nearly enough. Two good Techs would barely cut it.

I am one. With the F....d....well you know finger.

Stressed totally. It's like nobody cares.

I like clean and tidy workplaces. Just when I think I am catching up.....the next lot arrives..

Never ending saga of Gaping mouths..looking in wonder that the White man has once again saved asses.

Yet...they hate us???.
Killing us.

So, in light what I wrote above, I reject sets left right and center that are tampered with...
No sympathy at all for ringpieces anymore. I am over it.

This White Guy is over helping people with gaping mouths.

They must take stuff to their own people. To fix..

Hey, 20 Years of Democracy...and ....all the stuff lands up here.

Still as stupid as ever. Nothing learned.

Calling Liberal Believers....I know at least one that REFUSES TO listen to reason.

Very Liberal this one. Stood up for him. Put out my everything for him. Fought for him. I got punished for him. Stood his ground when he was complaining.
Fought his battles...

Lot's of stuff.

And this will go on and on.

Until people come to terms with what they are capable of and not they aspire to..So will it be.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Sorry about your mate tvtech.

Where abouts are you based if you dont mind me asking?

Hi Cicero. Welcome to ETO buddy :)

My exact location here in SA is not a good idea to disclose on a Public Forum...seeing all I have said and commented on thus far regarding the ruling party.

The ANC is becoming rather sensitive about these matters.....and they are too fragile/stupid to handle any form of criticism. They always pull the race card if cornered.....

All I will say though is I am slap bang in the middle of ANC voter territory. The people I try and help....are the very same ones that cannot understand why their money is getting less, their politicians are getting fatter....etc.

Yet they will continue voting for Zuma and his cronies. They just don't get it.

Being from South Africa, you should be able to nail my location down quite easily :)

Stay active here at ETO. Good to see a fellow South African here. You repped me and so I rep you.

Stay safe
tvtech

Anyway to carry on here

I phoned my new sick friend 15 Mins ago. I am not a person that "takes" easily to Technical people in real life. Internet is another story.
So I have heard lots of crap spoken about him. People trash him because they are maybe jealous of his ability...I don't know.

I look at things differently. People like to slay good people because they are maybe envious?

So, with all the crap that comes with this, he was sitting opposite me on our shared bench and was flat out impressing me. Cruising through repairs and hammering them. Nailed a lot.

I turn around and say "Thank You". "You helped me". He did not really know what to say.

I mean he knows his stuff....but nobody has maybe been humble enough to say "Thank You".

I have known him for Years...never worked with him on a bench though...that's a pity. Genius at work.

Fast forward to tonight's phone call from me to him.

He is going for Chemo....they cut the bad places out when they opened him....now Chemo must happen from the outside to fix him.

I am so totally pissed off. Why is it that the good get sick and the useless survive? Like we have Millions of absolutely useless beings here. The beings I am talking about could live off Rat Poison for 3 meals a day. And survive.

I think in my own little way that God takes the good ones and leaves the rubbish behind.

Freaked.

Regards,
tvtech

The beings I am talking about could live off Rat Poison for 3 meals a day. And survive.

I think in my own little way that God takes the good ones and leaves the rubbish behind.

Freaked.

Regards,
tvtech

Happens all over the world; doesn't matter where you live and makes people think. Maybe it's just better they do go; there have been day's I wish I wasn't. Especially if he ends up in pain or suffers in the end.

We have a saying here tv; you better "Knock on Wood" :rolleyes:

I never know when it's going to be my last day?

I love you KV

Man it's hard sometimes to understand stuff though...

I am one of the last surviving CRT techs. There is nobody interested in learning now....but they still need to be repaired.
And there are loads here. And they keep coming. No end to stuff.

Just when I think I am catching up....the next batch arrives :wideyed:

Regards,
tvtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back