Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Have you been vaccinated yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. If you are eligible for the vaccine and have no underlying complications as diagnosed by a qualified medical doctor, you should be too.

A vaccine doesn't absolutely protect you from Covid, but if you do get it, the illness will be less severe, your chances of requiring hospitalization reduced to almost none, and the chances of dying from Covid in the noise floor.

No, there are no nanobots or tracking devices in the vaccine (if you use credit cards and carry a cell phone, there is no need). The vaccine won't and can't alter your DNA.

No, the vaccine won't make you magnetic. If you've seen the videos that claim this is true, try an experiment. Get a magnet, take your keys out of your pocket, and see how many of your keys stick to the magnet. I have 7 keys on my keyring. Not one is magnetic. Some don't believe every video you see.

Vaccinated. Does not hurt, did not get sick.
Wife works with nursing homes. Most of the ones we know of lost 20 to 25%. We saw young nurses die.
There are countries begging for vaccines while some countries can't give it away.

Yes. I was given the Astra Zeneca vaccine. I felt rough and lethargic the day after the first dose. My arm was a bit sore after the second dose. Having heard from colleagues how bad getting Covid is in even mild cases, I'm very glad to have got vaccinated.

I had the Moderna vaccine. I was ill for three weeks after it and was dreading my second. The second dose knocked me out for a day and a half but apart from that wasn't too bad.

Yes, back in March/April, the Astrazeneca one.
My arm felt bruised after the first one & I alternated chills and sweating for a day or so, starting a few hours later - but I did not feel ill in any way, just hot or cold.

No effects at all from the second one.

Overall, the PCR test swabs are definitely more unpleasant! (I've had to travel out of the country for work, with multiple tests through each trip).

I did have a fairly mild case of Civid-19, so I wasn't sure what to expect from a vaccination – there was some speculation there could be severe reactions, since I already had antibodies.

I had the J&J vaccine. No memorable reactions at all. I think I was extra sleepy for a couple days but nothing serious.

I suspect that my sore arm after the second dose, with no soreness after the first, was more due to the skill or otherwise of the persons on the blunt end of the syringe than anything to do with what was in the syringe.

I suspect that my sore arm after the second dose, with no soreness after the first, was more due to the skill or otherwise of the persons on the blunt end of the syringe

Both my wife and I felt nothing with our first jab, but a distinct pressure during the second. I speculated at the time that the second might have been a larger dose; but that proved to be false. But that was literally the only sympton either of us could identify.

I think you're right. Purely down to the skill of the operator.

I did have a fairly mild case of Civid-19, so I wasn't sure what to expect from a vaccination – there was some speculation there could be severe reactions, since I already had antibodies.

As usual, every single case is unique, so there's little point in others experiences - however, of the people I know who had the worst reactions (most had little or none) most of them already had antibodies - although some with antibodies had no reactions either.

I suspect it's basically just a roll of the dice.

A friends son (early 30's) caught Covid, and was absolutely crippled by it - after he had recovered he had to rest a couple of times just walking upstairs, and yet previously he ran marathons, this remained so for months. Interestingly once he had his first jab he started to feel much better, and after the second one it was only a few weeks until he was able to go back to the gym to resume training. So he had particularly useful reactions to the vaccination.

Had both Astra Zeneca shots and only side effect, on both shots, was a need to stay in bed in the morning - just very tired for about a week.

Mike.
Edit, nice to see that most posters on this site follow the science and not some crackpot.

Sadly, the rate of vaccinations is falling, even as more contagious mutations take effect. The same crowd against masks probably is the same group as the anti-vaxxers for the most part. Perhaps "letting them show their selves out" benefits the rest of us in the long run.

I had both Pfizer shots at the start of the year and I'm talking to the doc about a booster in a few months.

Delta is rapidly vaccinating the unvaccinated. Whether they like it or not.

Last edited:
Delta is rapidly vaccinating the unvaccinated. Whether they like it or not.

How long before the there's a class action lawsuit 'forced medication'? The only question is who are they going to cite as defendent(s): governments, countries, the cellular companies; the virus itself?

Delta is rapidly vaccinating the unvaccinated

But I thought they say that those who had covid aren't as well protected or have as strong a type of antibodies as vaccinated people? So those people could even be a breeding ground for the next variant.

Any one who's had the virus or the vacine is "protected", nobody knows which is best but both are better than neither!

Mike.

Well, I got the vaccine in China, because I was in university, so the government moved the local hospital to our school for the vaccination. Of course, the precondition is that you have voluntarily applied for the vaccine before it will be given to you. So everyone got two shots! Me too. The first time I played, my hands were a little sore, but I didn't expect it to be even more sore the second time. But fortunately, more than 10,000 people in our university have beaten them, and there is no strange reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back