Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hiiii!!!!help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_ECE

hi!!!hello can you help me to build a burglar alarm consist a transistor with a latch!!!cos i dont have idea:confused: please help thanks

Hiiiiiiiiii, please remember that putting thread titles like that one tends to make it hard for people to work out in advance whether they should be reading your question ;)

Anyway, uh... why do you need to make it with a transistor and a latch? Is this a school homework/project thing? It seems an odd requirement. Perhaps you could elaborate a little? :)

Tomble said:
Hiiiiiiiiii, please remember that putting thread titles like that one tends to make it hard for people to work out in advance whether they should be reading your question ;)

Anyway, uh... why do you need to make it with a transistor and a latch? Is this a school homework/project thing? It seems an odd requirement. Perhaps you could elaborate a little? :)

thats its my final project.. what i mean is a burglar alarm it is transistories that is the one the condition given my prof. SIR TOMBLE can you help...

Do you go to a special school?

hi AND ECE

This is a very simple circuit using a transistor and a relay as latch.

Do you understand it?

Last edited:
Thanks

ericgibbs said:
hi AND ECE

This is a very simple circuit using a transistor and a relay as latch.

Do you understand it?
OH HI!!!!!!!! SIR can you elaborate more your explanation for that circuit you had given to me. do you have other circuit burglar alarm diagram? ehehhehe tnks

AND_ECE said:
OH HI!!!!!!!! SIR can you elaborate more your explanation for that circuit you had given to me. do you have other circuit burglar alarm diagram? ehehhehe tnks

hi,
Can you say which part of the circuit you don't you understand?
Please, ask specific questions.

Yes, I have lots of alarm circuits, why dosn't this one suit your requirement?

It's an elementary latching relay design, if you're submitting something this simple for your final project (8th grade has a final?) and you don't understand it?

If this is for a Univercity project then shame on you. It's high school level basic electronics, heck you don't even need the transisitor and it'll work.
https://www.eleinmec.com/article.asp?24
**broken link removed**

Hero999 said:
Do you go to a special school and ride the short bus there and back home?

I fixed this comment! :rolleyes:

Don't short buses have bars on the windows to keep the looney's in?

I'm kind of embarrassed to see this thread here.

There's a difference between having limited capability and choosing not to use one's capability (i.e. cheating).

I was referring to the ongoing "joke" about those with learning disabilities.

Of course in this modern politically correct world it might not be too long before willingness to cheat is classified as a learning disability.

mneary said:
Of course in this modern politically correct world it might not be too long before willingness to cheat is classified as a learning disability.

There's an episode of 48 hours where some kids cheated on a test; the parents felt that the kids didn't know the real definition of plagarism, and defended them to the death. It was quite scary, and the kids just rode the wave. Willingness to cheat, it seems, is unintentional. The kids talked about how they changed a punctuation mark or combined two sentences and called it original work.

It was to teach us about academic integrity...or something.

ericgibbs said:
hi,
Can you say which part of the circuit you don't you understand?
Please, ask specific questions.

Yes, I have lots of alarm circuits, why dosn't this one suit your requirement?

WILL iam so sorry SIR i dont understand of the circuit you giving to me!!
can you give me more circuit transistories burglar alarm
and can you explain about phototransistor?tankz poh

Guys, I think he's not trying to "cheat" and have people design his circuits for him, I think he just doesn't understand how it works. (If he just wanted people to design his circuits he'd probably just take Eric's first schematic and submit that; I think he was asking for more examples to try to understand better...)

I suspect he mostly doesn't understand transistors, though I'm just guessing... Or perhaps he didn't understand relays *shrug*. And as for the rest of it, is it so unbelievable that they might simply have not taught him well? :rolleyes: It seems pretty obvious to me that the quality of electronics education varies hugely between countries.

AND_ECE, do you understand roughly how a transistor works? You know that if a little current is made to flow through its "base" lead (that current then comes out of its "emitter"), the transistor draws lots more current through its "collector" lead (which also comes out of its "emitter" too)?

There's a lot of stuff about transistors on the internet. If you don't understand transistors, you should read some of these, even though they're not about making burglar alarms :rolleyes:
Here's one transistor tutorial, it also says about LEDs. It's a bit long. http://www.iguanalabs.com/1stled.htm
Another page with some info: http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/components/tran.htm
This page is VERY GOOD: http://www.williamson-labs.com/480_xtor.htm It should make things much clearer about how they work. It has lots of diagrams.

Eh, you also mentioned "phototransistors". Those are a kind of light detector. When light shines on them, they draw a little bit of current through them. I don't have any diagrams or tutorials right now, but there are some out there if you look!

If you're still confused, perhaps you could be more specific about what exactly you don't understand, like Eric said? :confused:

It makes me sick to the stomach to read some of the comments being made on this thread.

Remarks such as 'morons', 'idiots', 'looney's', 'Do you go to a special school?', 'cheats'.

I wonder what the reaction would be if someone made a comment like this, to one of your family members.

I expect there are forum members who have disadvantaged family members, how do you think they will feel when they read this thread?

What about young people who do go to special schools?
There, but for the Grace of God go you.

It appears that you have already decided this OP is a moron, looney and a cheat, so much for fair play.

The forum is supposed to operate on the principle of support and guidance by the more experienced members,
for the less experienced members, or so I believed.

Remember also, English/American is probably not his first language, how many of you could phrase a question, in say arabic or chinese?

Lets keep to the spirit of the forum.:)

If you think an OP is cheating dont respond to his question.

Last edited:
I take your point, I suppose I shouldn't have responded like that and am sorry, it was very inappropriate of me.

On the subject of political correctness though, I think it's just a law against having fun. All people are different and it's human nature to humour those differences, whether it be appearance, race, level or disability, if we made laws forbidding anyone from saying anything that might upset anyone then comedy would cease to exist. I am not a racist, although I often make jokes about rascal and cultural differences and I don't have anything against people with learning difficulties even though I may make the odd joke here and there about them.

My mum works at a special school and I have done voluntary work with people with learning difficulties. This spring just gone I went on holiday to the Calvert trust centre in Keswick (lake district) on an adventure holiday for people with various disabilities, they did various activities like rock climbing, sailing, swimming etc. each activity was adapted so the participant could get the most out of it. I was amazed at how happy they all were and that, even though they all respected each other, they still did make fun of each other to some degree. At the time I was going through some personal problems and helping out on this holiday helped me realise how lucky I am and that I had no real reason to feel depressed.

Now going back to what I said about human nature, there is a fine line between just having a bit of fun an bullying and I regret that on this occasion I crossed it.

Just another thing, the whole "I was bullied because I'm fat/ugly/retarded" thing is bullsh1t anyway, it's low self-esteem that causes people to be bullied and very rarely anything else. Granted anyone with learning difficulties or are unattractive are more likely to have low self-esteem than other so the problems tend linked and can create a vicious cycle. Suppose someones fat, people make fun of them, they get upset, they try to stick up for them self by being aggressive and defencive, they might say things like "I'm no as fat as your mum" and "I'm not that fat compared to the other kid over there", and "Phuck you all then I hate you all!", this behaviour will only insight more taunts and the bullying will get worse. A bully might be nice to them for one moment so they buy them a packet of crisps, the bully decides to befriend them so they can get a free packet of crisps whenever they want. The victim might try to copy the bully to look cool and unwittingly end up carrying out the bully's dirty work for them, this could be calling someone else names, playing practical jokes on the teachers or doing silly things such barking like a dog. The victim might curl up in the corner and insult anyone who comes near them. Now everyone else can see the kid is being picked on and they don't feel very sorry for them because they're bad tempered, do silly things and appear not to have a sense of humour. It doesn't matter how intelligent the victim is, because they aren't thinking straight they won't be able to figure any of this out as their mind has been effectively poisoned.

I've been bullied a bit before too. Being severely dyslexic, I had extra lessons at a special school called "The Reading Centre". I had to take "the short bus" from my school to the reading centre twice a week and was bullied as a result. Even after I stopped going to The Reading Centre, I was still bullied, purely because I had low self-esteem which resulted from previous bullying. Even when I left school I still got bullied at the training centre where I did my apprenticeship, when I finished my apprenticeship, I wasn't bullied per say I still got a picked on a bit be the odd person here and there and had problems with depression.

So how did I sort this crap out?

Well I leaned how to talk about how I feel to my family who were very supportive.

I joined this forum.

I did lots of voluntary work.

I did a leadership training course.

I talked myself out of putting myself down every time I had a conflict with someone at work or made the slightest mistake.

I realised that 99% of the time it wasn't actually me mistreating others but me allowing others to mistreat me.

I stopped trying to be friends with everyone and realised that I only need a couple of good friends.

I stopped going out with the sole intention of getting drunk then trying to get laid which was in all vein 90% of the time.

I started sticking up for myself and being assertive.

I started thinking more positvely about life and about how lucky I am.

The bottom line is people will always find something to make fun of you for, whether it be your hair cut, height, the way you speak, walk or even drink your beer. The difference is a confident person won't let it get to them and an insecure person will.

There were children at my school who were fatter than me, much less attractive than me, and had far more unusual voices and mannerisms than and they weren't bullied. What's more is that not everyone who took "the short bus" to the reading centre was bullied that badly.

There were people at the training centre who were also a lot more 'weird' than me and didn't get bullied.

So why did I get bullied?

Because I allowed people to bully me!

This wasn't my fault, it was just my state of mind at the time that made me vulnerable.

Now, I admit I've made a mistake here and I have apologised but I'm not going to beat myself up about it, I'll just learn from it. I understand that because I've had bad experiences with helping people with their work at college (I often ended up doing it for them and sometimes allowed them to copy mine) I'm probably a bit too suspicious of people here. Heck, it was only a couple of weeks ago when someone I knew from college came round my house uninvited asking me for work, even though I left college over a year ago, needles to say I didn't give them any work.

I'll try to give people the benefit of the doubt at bit more but be damned if I'm going to help them any more than they're willing to help themselves.

EDIT:
I really should appologise to the person who I aimed my rude comment to.

I'm sorry AND_ECE if I have offended you in any way!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back