Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hiiii!!!!help

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi hero,
Many thanks for your candid and frank post, it takes balls to admit publicly when one has made a mistake and for what its worth,

I personally respect you for that.:)

Regards

Sorry if the posts appear mean or cruel, they're supposed to be all in good fun. If they've been taken as offensive then I apologize.

Reading previous/other threads by 'AND_ECE" might enlighten why the posts got the the way they did.

I never said the OP was a moron or idiot, I was simply commenting that the short bus doesn't need bars.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=short+bus

Threads get way off topic when the OP puts zero effort into their replies, or repeat the same question ad nasueum. The OP said he was from "phil" in a previous post, that might mean Philadelphia or possibly his dads name. The OP also mentions this is his final project for his prof (assuming professor) that would say he is in College or University. If he is at a College level did he ever attend class? The OP also claims to be a beginner in this field, then why would he choose electronics for his final project? Wouldn't you normally choose a final project in the field you're studying? I don't think the OP is trying to cheat, I just don't think they were paying attention in class (assuming they attended)

Members of any age, race, origin can get genuine help on these forums, for electronics they're the best I've encountered. I've gotten help here for my projects and kits that would appear trivial to some but had me banging my head against the wall.

If you want to get flamed for weird and stupid posts try Microchips forums. :)

Last edited:
hi AND ECE,

Have a look at this link, it describes what you are looking for.

https://www.eleinmec.com/article.asp?5

Its connected as a Bi-stable.

One of the switches could be a alarm switch input, say, connected to a door, when the door opens the switch is operated and the bistable latches this change.

Connect a LED or small buzzer into the circuit to sound an alarm.

The other switch is to cancel the alarm.

I will not explain how to make these connections, you should be able to work them out for yourself.

Draw up a circuit and post it.

Last edited:
Hi and Bye,

I believe this forum spends more time 'correcting' the world rather than discuss electronics....

ar

audioguru said:
We can't correct the world. It is a mess.

The world is a beautiful place, its the human race thats a mess!

If we stop trying to correct ourselves its going to get much worse:(

We can make a difference.:)

ericgibbs said:
The world is a beautiful place, its the human race thats a mess!
Some of the human races are a mess:
Some are starving because there are too many of them in one place. Poverty.
Some are stupid. No education.
Some waste all their time praying. Born again?
Some like to blow up themselves and other people. Weirdos.

audioguru said:
Some of the human races are a mess:
Some are starving because there are too many of them in one place. Poverty.
Some are stupid. No education.
Some waste all their time praying. Born again?
Some like to blow up themselves and other people. Weirdos.

Which one of the above groups do you fall into?

@audioguru, please do not talk about that here. You dont live there.

@Hero, I cannot stress this enough that we need more people like you. You have actually apologized to a small mistake, a mistake which I was thinking was neither appropriate nor hurtful, somewhere in between. I have seen, as many of us here have, people who have taken engineering just because their parents have forced them to or their peers have taken it too.

Here in my college they treat engineering as a passageway to money or 'good jobs', I just hate that attitude. Why the hell to do something which you never wanted to? and ECE sounded just like one of them, so it was a little ok to make him/her realize what he is doing, for his/her own good.

@Nigel, I agree 5000% with you. The way he/she asked the Q, was asking for it! They would be better of doing something else and be successful, seriously!

Do not do something you dont want to, sont make it a liability, for your own good. Again, in my college there are so many who wanted to do, law, medical or even arts!! and they were stuck in Mech or Electrical, sad...

Last edited:
It reminds me of that other fellow doing his final year project that was building a crane. No clue.

Do these people expect to be able to find/hold onto a job? You might make it past HR but they wouldn't last a week.

The right answer is hit the books, the library. Attend the course, if you don't understand something ask.

If you're in your 5th year of University you should know the basics of whatever course you're taking.

Example: I'm a final year med student, what's a blood vessel?

Would you want this person treating you?

If you want to follow another apparently clueless final year student try this thread.
**broken link removed**

Perhaps someone here wants to do his assignment for him. :)

PS better hurry it's due next month.

Last edited:
blueroomelectronics said:
Do these people expect to be able to find/hold onto a job? You might make it past HR but they wouldn't last a week.

All depends who interviews them - I've occasionally been involved in interviewing applicants - so I ask them technical question relative to the job they are applying for. Those people who cheat to get a qualification won't have a clue how to answer even simple questions, and it's obvious that the qualification isn't worth the paper it's forged on! :p

I did once ask an applicant if he had any 'wind problems', he got the job - but he lied when he said NO :D

blueroomelectronics said:
It reminds me of that other fellow doing his final year project that was building a crane. No clue.
Umm... pardon?!?!
I can see a few different interpretations on that, and I don't want to go assuming that this is what it actually sounds like... want to put me out of my misery? :D Could it be you just mean he had a project that was both a relatively relevant and attainable sense of "building a crane" (eg a robot arm) but didn't know what he was doing?

xheavenlyx said:
@Nigel, I agree 5000% with you. The way he/she asked the Q, was asking for it!
Not sure I'd go that far :rolleyes: Seemed to me like the OP was probably a young foreign high-school student or such, maybe 15 or so, English not their first language. I'd assumed from India, but if their profile had once said "Phil", I'd assume Phillipines (rather than Philadelphia :rolleyes:). As Eric pointed out, it's probably very hard to ask such questions in a foreign language. And if there was actually some university course anywhere where you're given something so basic as that for a final-year project, then sign me up please! :D I could do with an easy qualification. So yeah, high-school still sounds far more likely.

But yes, it's certainly true that it's almost impossible to effectively help someone who doesn't explain their problem well enough. In this case, our main problem would be that we could only guess at why he/she found it confusing, and that we still have no idea how much they already actually know.

AND_ECE, if you're still there at all, I hope you've figured out how these circuits work by now. But if you're still confused by them, some of us would still be happy to help you, but you would first have to try to tell us what parts you don't understand, and tell us a bit about what you do and don't know? :confused:

AND_ECE said:
thats its my final project.. what i mean is a burglar alarm it is transistories that is the one the condition given my prof. SIR TOMBLE can you help...

The OP stated it's his final project for his Professor. His nametag appears to indicate ECE (Electronics and Computer Engineering).

How a transistor works is well covered on the internet, so are scads of burglar alarm circuits.

Either way Tomble if you have the patience to educate him well that's very noble of you.

*sigh* Yes, I saw what he said. From what I remember, high school also sets coursework in that fashion (if I understood correctly, he did not choose this project himself), and I'm not going to assume that a non-native English speaker with a poor grasp of the language would use the term "Prof" in the same way that you or I would.

As for "ECE" I must admit I'd not heard that acronym, I only knew of "EE", so perhaps you have a point. If he is genuinely doing this at university then yes, he has no chance.

It's probably academic now (no pun intended) so I'll shut up. :rolleyes:

I started with electronics when I was 14, got a "150 in One" kit from Radio Shack for a birthday. I think the photo below is the same!
Great way to get into electronics. (The 7 segment LED is kind of useless though)
**broken link removed**

hi Bill,

Not a PIC in sight!:p and no BLUE ?

Is that a valve/tube socket in the top right hand corner?:rolleyes:

I noticed that the "integrated circuit|" has only 3 transistors. An audio preamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back