Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hiiii!!!!help

Status
Not open for further replies.
ericgibbs said:
Is that a valve/tube socket in the top right hand corner?:rolleyes:

It seems to be a speaker.

Notice the ferrite antena and variable capacitor at the bottom, and the two audio transformers at the top (driver and final). It "sounds":D like an AM radio from the 60's or 70's... At that time they just took a valve/tube design and replaced the tubes with (germanium:eek: ) transistors

ecerfoglio said:
It seems to be a speaker.

Hi,
The tube socket question, was supposed to be a joke!:D

I have quite a few germanium transistors on the shelf, you never know, they may come back into fashion!

IIRC germanium transistors are still used in UHF work ????

Last edited:
ericgibbs said:
hi Bill,

Not a PIC in sight!:p and no BLUE ?

Is that a valve/tube socket in the top right hand corner?:rolleyes:
It's a cheap 8ohm speaker. Hey it's from the 1980s. And just try and source that weird IC.

I almost called it Redroomelectronics, but it made me think of the movie the Shining. "Redrum"
Would have gotten cool RED PCBs.

Last edited:
blueroomelectronics said:
It's a cheap 8ohm speaker. Hey it's from the 1980s.

I almost called it Redroomelectronics, but it made me think of the movie the Shining. "Redrum"
Would have gotten cool RED PCBs.

hi,

'Redroomelectronics' is too close to Bedroomelectronics,, brings to mind 'off balance battery driven motors.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back