Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help for our project we need a pcb layout ready to be printed...needed badly

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtine0491

we have a project in our subject this semester, it is a gaming buzzer with seven segment display and a speaker..here is the circuit diagram..what i need is the pcb layout of this one which is ready to be printed..i will attach the diagram..thanks.

Attachments

• 2.gif
    2.gif
    25.1 KB · Views: 236
we have a project in our subject this semester, it is a gaming buzzer with seven segment display and a speaker..here is the circuit diagram..what i need is the pcb layout of this one which is ready to be printed..i will attach the diagram..thanks.

If you post your PCB layout for checking thru, someone will help with that, BUT no one is going to do the layout from scratch.:rolleyes:

Lets see what you have done so far.

Last edited:
thank ! i need it badly...help me pls

If you need the PCB design badly you should provide more information, mainly about the switches to be used (manufacturer and type or data sheet). Further I suppose S1 through S8 are individual switches connected to the PCB via cable.

Boncuk

What components are off the board? Do you need connectors? How about some decupling caps?

im just a beginner in this kind of project.. also im not familiar with eagle software which happen to be use for making schematic diagram,,

No matter if you are familiar with Eagle or not.

Not even answering the questions concerning YOUR design shows me you're not much interested anyway.

I have a PCB layout finished today and will keep it for myself if you don't answer those simple questions.

**broken link removed**

Boncuk

Last edited:
boncuk: only 3 capacitor is needed from the given diagram,, but in your design there are six capacitor...??

Last edited:
boncuk: only 3 capacitor is needed from the given diagram,, but in your design there are six capacitor...??

You are free to design your own circuit board.

When counting the ICs the result is six.

A decoupling cap for each IC is not a MUST, but good practice. Two decoupling caps seem to be pretty poor to me.

Your critizism is really remarkable considering that you want the board design served on a silver platter and free!

thanks anyway..i'm just confused of your design... now i understand.. what decoupling caps is.... can i have the design for free>??? thanks...

Last edited:
Boncuk: I believe your native tongue is German:
Mean: hart, gemein. Teaser: Quaelgeist, harte Nuss
This was ment in the spirit of pleasant aproval! E

OK, thanks a lot for the explanation. Now I got it.

Boncuk

Hi xtine0491,

if I had worked the PCB design from your schematic you'd never hear the buzzer.

The BC547 in an NPN-transistor and the symbol is that of a PNP-transistor. So I allowed myself and changed that to BC557 without consulting you. (Beg your pardon :eek:)

Here is the image of the revised PCB layout with the reset button underneath the display for easier operation.

Please PM me your email address giving me your full name (for the contact list). I will send you the Eagle files.

Be advised that you cannot apply any changes to the PCB since it's dimensions are larger than the free Eagle version allows.

You can just load the board and prepare to print. You might also create Gerber files.

Boncuk

Attachments

• GAMEBUZZER.gif
    GAMEBUZZER.gif
    37.5 KB · Views: 164
  • GAMEBUZZER-SCH.pdf
    63.8 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Hi xtine0491,

here are some screen shots of the circuit.

Note the difference on the 7-segment display with RBI connected to ground and connected to VCC

Boncuk

Attachments

• GAME-00.gif
    GAME-00.gif
    13.9 KB · Views: 158
  • GAME-01.gif
    GAME-01.gif
    14 KB · Views: 161
  • GAME-07.gif
    GAME-07.gif
    14 KB · Views: 169
  • GAME-RBI-H.gif